Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ability to see exact frequency when using mouse to navigate

Dale KB5VE
Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
We have the ability to use the mouse to point to a position on the panadapter and click to move there. That is great if you are searching random signals in contest but if you want to qso to a certain frequency such as 7.215 you have to guess where it is by finding the closest marker on the bottom of the pan (we know the markers change as we expand or decrease the view of the pan) so 7.210 might be the closet indicator and you click between 7.210 and 7.220 then fine tune with wheel or flex knob. What I would like to see is the freq to show when you move the cursor across the pan so if you wanted to go to 7.21525 all you would have to do is move the cursor then click. Now the first thing that will come up is not everybody wants this and I agree remember I was the one that hated I was forced to watch the waterfall every time I brought up smartsdr and now guess what you have a choice! I would like to have a option in the future to Tailoryour flex as you want it ". You know Flex like in Flexable". Things like a real meters which read numical and /or DBM for S,RF,SWR, MIC gain ect.and other functions can be chosen. I know this involves code and is not something that just appears, but as we get the radio many of us ordered before it was in production , with true remote over lan and wan, satisfactoryDSP operation (and the great thing is DSP will never be finished because it will improved as new development occurs in the radio world) there will be time to really make this platform go into hyper drive and leave the knob boxes in the past. I believe the ease of going to a exact freq and seeing it displayed would be useful in the future.
4 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

4 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Am I missing something in the question?  Click on the flag frequency and enter your target frequency.

You may need to change bands or select a different profile first.

Stan

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    That's what I always liked about PSDR, it shows the frequency your mouse pointer is at under the Panadapter.
  • Pete - W6OP
    Pete - W6OP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I agree. It's nice to see the frequency as you move the mouse. Especially when monitoring a pileup.
  • Jack
    Jack Member
    edited April 2015
    True typing is an option but some of us leave the keyboard behind as most other SDR software have us used to mousing to a frequency in stead of having to highlight a box and type a frequency in manually. Probably not a fire but definitely in the future ??
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

I wanted to avoid  mentioning POWERSDR and see who made comments. the typing in  a frequency is good when QSOing to a new band but when operating on a band and you are wanting to QSY to a certain frequency sliding the mouse over the bottom of the pan and clicking when the exact Freq shows then you click and you are there.  

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Stan when you type a freq it will change band. But having used the mouse with the freq showing as you move across the bottom is much better in a contest inviroment
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
        Sounds like a really good idea.  Perhaps with an enable/disable switch.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Now you understand what FLEX able means.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.