Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 killer on 160m!

2»

Comments

• philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Let me offer this.  This past weekend I had tremendous success with diversity pulling out numerous weak signal situations both on 160 and 80 CW.
    Using a series of Beverage antennas on RXA and either Inverted L (160) or 1/4 wave vertical (80)
    No preamps.   It was a killer combination.   Repeatedly able to pick out ultra weak signals.
    Future plans include a horizontal loop for close in work, but anxious to see how it works as second antenna for diversity.
    Fun Fun Fun
    Phil K3TUF

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    I believe I saw a comment on this message board from someone who uses two Pixel loops with their planes oriented perpendicular to each other.  Do you think that any nulls at 45 degrees would be noticeable compared to being able to rotate the loop?  From a distance (I don't own a loop), it seems that being able to switch between two fixed loops would be more convenient than using single loop with a rotor.
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    No clue and to be honest, didn't think about that.  I had all the parts except the YUN and relay shield on hand so less expensive than a second PixelLoop.

Stu K6TU
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Well, no worries. One could always put up four Pixel loops and not be concerned about nulls in any direction. But then again, if those cards are on the table, how about two shared apex loop arrays separated by 360 meters? That should be adequate for our spatial diversity requirements. Yet again, if we are going to put forth that amount of effort, why not go for something really outrageous?: http://vk6ysf.com/Radio_Extremes.htm

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.