Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1.4 Prior to Thanksgiving?

Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Many of us folks here in the US will be on holiday to celebrate Thanksgiving next Thursday (11/27).  This means that most of us be on vacation and will have some extra availability to play on the radio. 

I hope upon hope that 1.4 will be released prior to Thanksgiving.  While the XYL is participating in the "Black Friday" madness, I can be sitting in my easy chair, laptop on my lap, casually doing DX while watching football.

Answers

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    You have done it now. You have put a hex on the release date. Lucky to get it before Christmas now.
  • Frank N5WJ
    Frank N5WJ Member
    edited September 2015

I second that Jay... I would love to have it today hihi... We shall see..

Frank  N5WJ

• JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Not to rain on the hopes and wishes but...Flex is unlikely to release an update that will probably need an uptick in support right when those employees involved would be with their families.

I know they are working very **** 1.4. I'm hoping that a few days with their loved ones will allow a fresh and final look before the code is released.

No one joined my pool on the release date I put forward 2 weeks ago but I have a date in mind.

• Frank N5WJ
    Frank N5WJ Member
    edited September 2015

You are probably Right Jon, I really would prefer if they didn't put out dates for the Releases until maybe a week before they actually release them that way we are not watching the calendar and hoping/wishing it will happen when they say.. I am anxious to see it and use it like everyone else but hopefully the extra time will **** most of the bugs in it ahead of time... that will surely make the extra time it took to get it out worth it for sure at least to me.. I am having a ball with my Flex 6500 so as long as it keeps clicking along I am happy...

Frank.. N5WJ

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I bagsie 10th December. If I can have a second choice too I'll take 18th December.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Very astute call on your part Jon.  
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I hope to see it before I have to pack the F6.7 for our move to FL.  
    That leaves me several weeks to see the new features until I setup in late April 2015.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My Bet is: 

Release of V1.4 on Dec 31, 2014 - So it will be done in 2014

Release of V1.5 on April 17, 2015  - Visalia DX Convention 2015 - To show DX'ers the features

Release of V2.0 on May 15,2015  - Dayton Hamvention 2015- To show off WAN Remote

Plus since they are also a hardware company.. I expect something new and exciting at Dayton 2015

• Jim Hawkins / K2JHV
    edited January 2015
    As a retired software developer with 30 years of experience, I would rather wait, let the developing team actually get some sleep and eat something other than take out pizza at the desk with no unrealistic deadlines.  Otherwise we will get another load of bugs.  I had to revert from 1.3.8 back to 1.3.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard,
    I think (hope) you may be a little long on 1.4.  But I will be happy if I get it before Christmas Break.

1.5 sounds reasonable.  Hopefully we will get the improved NR features before spring thunderstorm season ramps up.

I think 2.0 sounds like a realistic goal, if they are developing concurrently with 1.5.

If I were a betting man, I also would also bet on some new hardware introduced at Dayton.
    (Darn, I really wasn't planning to go to Dayton in 2015.  Guess I need to change my vacation schedule....)

Hmmm.... I wonder what it will be?
    my two best guesses are:  
    1) a 6100 or 6110   (5 or 10 watt QRP rig)
    2) something for VHF/UHF -- a 6000VU?

Ken - NM9P
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    I agree Jim.  I'm waiting with great excitement for the new FM mode...  But I want it right not just released to get it out there.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2016

I don't think they necessarily will release the software by Visalia or Dayton. They did show 1.3 beta at the ARRL Convention in Hartford.

Let's hope we get new software soon! Always fun to explore the new features.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I'm looking forward to playing with the integrated digital audio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.