Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

On my Flex 6500, whenever I go to 10 meters I lose the transmit icon. This is regardlist of saving p

I lose the transmit icon only  on 10 meters when changing bands. Setting profiles does not help on my Flex 6500. No slices are active on 10 meters at the time. Is there a parameter missing? Using latess firmware

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    FG - I am not sure I completely understand you problem.  Can you post before and after full SmartSDR screen shots of the behavior you are describing?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Is the problem that the red TX selection indicator on the slice flag is not lit up? Or that is has totally disappeared and you cannot turn it on? If it is the first scenario, the profile you saved may not have had it selected, for example because you had been working split with TX on slice B and the closed B leaving nothing selected. If you can select it now, all is good. Just resave the profile with it turned on and you are OK. If this is not the case...... Keep talking to Tim! He will get you straightened out! Hi hi!
  • Flash Gordon
    Flash Gordon Member
    edited June 2020
    Tim, I tried removing the slice and then re-established the 10 meter slice. TX lit up briefly and then disappeared. On the lower right lower corner of the SCR sceen, the nottion now reads "TX not ready". Only does it on 10 meters.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Place the mouse cursor over the TX not Ready message in the bottom right corner to get the reason why it isn't ready.  What does it say?
  • Flash Gordon
    Flash Gordon Member
    edited July 2016
    Tim, it is still doing the same thing. When I curser over that area it reads "No TX"
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    This means no slice has the TX button pressed.  Is the TX indicator lit on the 10m slice flag?
  • Flash Gordon
    Flash Gordon Member
    edited July 2016
    The TX icon is active, but the when I curser over it. "inhibit: Software"
  • Flash Gordon
    Flash Gordon Member
    edited July 2016
    Tim, when I curser over that area, it reads now,  "Inhibit: Software"
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    There is your answer.  You have TX Inhibit enabled.  Open Settings->Radio Setup->Transmit tab and disable TX Inhibit.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim, Is the TX Inhibit band-dependent or universal?
  • Michael - OZ1MDF
    edited December 2016
    By reading first post, it must stand to reason that the feature is on a per-band basis.
    Otherwise it cannot make sense that the problem will occour only
    on the 10 meter band.

Suggestion:
    Expand functionality to provide a TX-master-disable-checkbox that overrides
    all the settings for the individual bands, which is also listed using checkboxes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.