Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connection problems to WSTJ-X & DM780 with DAX 1.0.5 in SSDR 1.3

RoyS
RoyS Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flex 6300, win 7 home premium, SSDR 1.3, DAX 1.0.5, HRD DM-780. WSJT-X, Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1

From a working system to not so much. I turned my radio on this morning and now I cannot transmit from either one of my digital programs. These were working yesterday using the VOX.
I can receive ok from DAX.
My computer uses Realtek Audio and in trouble shooting, I found the following problems.

The above picture shows Audio in and out on the WSJT-X Config. page. This setup was working fine before. 

In the picture below, imageI click on the tune button, I get the green bar indicating a tone on DAX Audio TX 1. Which is as it should be.

What is not very obvious is, this is the playback side. There should be no TX's on the playback side at all.

Inspecting the Recording side in the next picture, shows a mix of TX & RX also.

I have done all the usual trouble shooting things including uninstalling and reloading SSDR and DAX. I haven't tried to load another driver to Realtek yet.

Looking for answers,

Roy - W5TKZ

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    When I had the same problem yesterday, I exited the DAX control panel and restarted DAX v1.0.5 from the start menu.
    But you may have a different problem..

Each DAX virtual cable is a set of two ends .. One end is the RESERVED end which is always connected to the radio ( 6500 ) and can be either a Playback (RX) or a Recording (TX) endpoint.  The other end of the cable is connected to the program of your choice and is never a RESERVED endpoint.

AL, K0VM
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Roy

Try  setting the lines to stereo instead of mono and see if it makes any difference.
  • Robert Allbright
    Robert Allbright Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Roy
    I get a very similar result as yours.
    Everything was working in DAX until today.
    will report back later.
    At the moment DAX is completely unreliable.
    Rob
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the tip Al. Tried it but no joy.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    One other thing to watch for  is Low power output in digital modes using DAX witch is a different problem from no power output.  To restore the digital mode power output,
    1) If you have not already done so, save a TX profile of your digital setup
    2) Select any other TX profile
    3) Reselect your digital TX profile. 
    If you reboot the radio, or operate another mode (SSB/CW) you will have to repeater 2 & 3 above

YMMV

AL, K0VM
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks AL.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Neal, I was looking at 20 meter ssb when I got your suggestion. I switched back to digital on the SSDR and loaded WSJT-X. What a surprise! In and out worked again. Checking the config of WSJT-X, I found the Audio In to be DAX Audio RX 1 and the Audio Out to be DAX Audio TX 1.  Checking the Realtek, I find the tune tone is on DAX Reserved Audio TX 1 and that is on the Recording list where it should be.
    By the way, DAX Reserved Audio TX 1 does not appear in the WSJT drop down list for Audio Out, but it does appear in the drop down for Audio In. Also Stereo mode is only available in Audio Out.  ???

Roy - W5TKZ

• Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    i have a 6500 since the end of May. i use it 90% on digital and have seen the power problem you are talking about but...i also operate the rig on SSB for our section traffic net and until last night it worked fine. when i tried to check into the net last night i had no output so i thought it was my Heil ProSet cable dieing again (it happens about every 2 or 3 years) so i switched to the hand mike Flex supplied but still no output. i switched to the Pro III until after the net and the only way i could clear the problem was to shut everything down and re-boot the computer. i wonder if anyone else has seen this or if it is part of the issue that Flex is investigating. 73 Happy Labor Day

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hello Don, Yes, I have seen the same problem except mine would not clear on reboot. Yesterday I called Flex and spoke with an engineer. He took over my unit and we tried different things with no joy. Also the transmit filter was allowing out of the bandpass modulation and I was getting complaints about it. Today, it is on the way back to Flex to be looked at. Wish me luck  73.

• Don WB3FTQ
    Don WB3FTQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    sorry to hear that Roy. i hope they find the problem quickly 73
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You should set the rig spec to Kenwood  TS-2000,  that works well for me....

pat
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Same here.... and I am using VOX to key.
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I am also using TS-2000 with no problems from the start, I would suggest to run WSJT-X before HRD DM-780, I did once start HRD and WSJT-X was not able to change the frequency in my case even after closing HRD.  After a fresh PC restart all was back to normal.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.