Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I/Q streaming to PowerSDR?

Andrew VK5CV
Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
G'day, Just looked at the roadmap for Smart SDR. I want it all and more. One could say that anticipation is half of the fun. However it occurs to me that if I/Q data at 96KHz could stream to PSDR then a whole lot of functionality would be available quite quickly. Andrew
1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    If it were only that simple... The challenge is two fold - its code structure after many years of too many hands in the kitchen and the issues of WinDoze and real time processing. PowerSDR is a work of art - in every sense of the phrase. With the 6000 series, all the real time processing is done at the radio. Not practical to mix the two. Stu K6TU
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes, but..... Once they port I/Q data via the Ethernet cable, we could have both/and. We could add additional receive streams, additional processing, and other exotic options just for fun. Why be limited to CW Skimmer and FreeDV, etc.? If I can link to PSDR I could experiment with stuff using the excellent front end of the 6500 and the well-proven PSDR until those things are added to SmartSDR. Would there be latency? You bet. Would it ultimately be as good as SSDR on a 6500? Heck no! But it would be fun to play with! Multiple people could tap into the stream via the internet and use PSDR to their heart's content and not take up any processing power from the 6500 internal processor Lots of possibilities.... IFF the stream is compatible...
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Now that we have DAX I/Q has anyone tried to feed it to PowerSDR/IF? I was able to feed the DAX I/Q to HDSDR, although I couldn't get HDSDR to track IF frequency changes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.