Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No audio with Flex 1500

Ken Broome
Ken Broome Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Just loaded SDR 1500 softward to my laptop (W8OS) and get no audio.  Anyone know what my problem might be?  Thanks, Ken

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Make sure things are set right up in the mixer pull down. and speakers are connected. Any audio in head phones?
  • Ken Broome
    Ken Broome Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Thanks Bill, I only changed one thing from the default download and that is the 20sec delay in the TX mode to protect my amp.  No audio in head phones or computer speakers.  I'll check the Mixer pull down box!  Thanks again for your reply!  Ken
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have the Flex 3000. not sure of the 1500. the speakers plug into the back of the rig right?  and head phones plugged into the phone jack on the radio?
  • James C Miller
    edited August 2015
    As Bill had mention check the options in the mixer menu. Try clicking on the VAC1 and see if that does anything. Sometimes that route works.
  • Luis del MOlino
    Luis del MOlino Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Remember that no audio is sent through USB connector. You must pass a physical coax wire from headphones output to mic or line input of the laptop.

There is another way to get audio in the laptop  without physical wires: Install VAC (Virtual audio Cables) from Muzychenko and use Audio Repeater program to repeat VAC Line 1 output as input and sent it to the sound card ot your laptop. It works very well.

Luis EA3OG
  • Ken Broome
    Ken Broome Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Thanks Bill!  No speaker plug-in on back, just headphones on front.  I have solved the problem now as I had forgotten to turn on my amp on my audio to the external speakers.  Thanks again!  Ken
  • Ken Broome
    Ken Broome Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Thanks James!  I have solved the problem now as I had forgotten to turn on my amp on my audio to the external speakers.  Thanks again!  Ken
  • Ken Broome
    Ken Broome Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Thanks Luis!  I have solved the problem now as I had forgotten to turn on my amp on my audio to the external speakers.  Thanks again!  Ken
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Glad that's all there was to it, I thought it would be simple..Enjoy that sweet little radio....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.