Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Supply for flex 1500

Has anyone found a small low cost  AC/DC power supply for the flex 1500 ? 

Answers

• Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    My favorite power supply at the moment is the Alinco DM-330MV, but this is over $100, way overkill for running the 1500.

When I had a 1500, I wanted an absolutely quiet supply, so I used a slightly over-the-hill motorcycle/lawn mower battery, outfitted with a good current-limited charger. The 1500 takes so little current, you can just switch on the charger between on-air sessions. If the charger is quiet, you could just leave it on.

• kc7cm radio
    kc7cm radio Member
    edited November 2014
    I use the little Samlex Mean Well DC supplies from DX Engr. - pick the one with the amps out you need for all your devices.   Has worked great for my portable QRP contests - less than $50 depending on amp rating.

Walt
  • James C Miller
    edited January 2015
    Yes, I also use that same power supply for other tranceivers. Works very well, and also like the variable filtering. A lawn mower battery sound like a good idea. I will check it out. Thanks 73's KB2RSK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.