Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 1.5 request thread

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in New Ideas
I was going to tack this post onto another thread, but it would be OT as it contains requests for SSDR 1.5.

I know 1.4 is not even out of the door and I can  wait for it and 1.5, but I thought now may be the time to start this topic off as 1.5 will be, AIUI, an 'improve what there is' release with no new features.

So here goes:-

"Can I please request a tuning power that does not change, a DAX button that does not become deactivated unless *I* do it and a profile saving scheme that saves everything*?

Sometimes, something strange happens, like my Flexcontrol loses all options but still works. I spend an hour or so faffing about trying to fix it, find nothing works, post a request for help here and then it starts working again without any clue as to why it does.

*I would love to have a, for example, a JT65 profile that saves every parameter that I need rather than just half of them. It does not even seem to save the mode as DIGIU - the other night I noticed I was tx-ing on USB with processing enabled after loading my global JT65 profile. It would be very handy if at some point sub-bands for different modes could be included".

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Guy,

Just FYI, I have set up JT-mode profiles that do include everything. One for each band, because I set the AGC points and frequencies differently for each. You may want to try building a Transmit Profile with your audio characteristics (bandwidth, input, etc.) and then saving that as part of the Global Profile. Works like a dream for me. The waterfall values, audio settings, etc., all work great. You can even have a power level setting (I have two digital modes Transmit Profiles - one is "Digital" for lower power modes, the other is "Digital QRO" for when I want a bit more oomph.

Hope this helps!
    Geo

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Geo,

That does help a lot. Thanks.

Can one set up a 'master' mode profile that contains the mode sub-bands so that when it is set, the rig will jump to that mode's sub-band when the band is changed? That would be very handy.

Hopefully the documentation for this feature will not be long. After the long wait, it had better be good, hi hi.

73 de Guy
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Guy,
      You might also wish to look at FRStack by AA5RK .. See https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/memories-and-most-recently-used-frequency-utility

Saves most Slice things..

AL, K0VM

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You could build a profile (nesting a Transmit profile within a Global one) for each band & sub-band that could accomplish that, I'm sure. I'm hoping the Profile chooser will become a dockable pane in version 1.5 to allow for really quick access. Then you could build and have pushbutton access to 10SSB, 10CW, 10RTTY, 10JT, 10FM, etc., etc.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks George. Nice thinking.

It would be handy to be able to edit the profiles from within the Profile Manager. Need to play with this feature more m'thinks.

Have a good weekend.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.