Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

If you are a FlexRadio contester, let the contest world know!

Stu Phillips - K6TU
Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in New Ideas
This weekend is ARRL Sweepstakes CW and I, like many, will be hard at the key and keyboards making QSOs!

As another way of offsetting the "No one uses FlexRadios for contesting", make sure you add your station configuration and (hopefully ;-) praise in your SOAPBOX comments when you submit you log.

Do the same if you post your scores to 3830Scores.com.

There are MANY (and I mean MANY!) folks who read the SOAPBOX comments to see what radios people are using.

So don't be SHY - tell the world!

Real Contesters do it with their FlexRadio!

May RATE be with you!

Stu K6TU

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Going for the sweep!

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Always! :-)

Stu K6TU
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    2014 CW Sweepstakes with my Flex 6500: 636 QSOs, 82 multipliers = 104,000 points. Very solid performance in all respects from the Flex and FlexControl. I think I won Nevada Section Class A. Missed a clean sweep by one section - but never did hear it on. My personal best SS for my 35th anniversary! Thank you.

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    WAG 2014 two weeks ago was my first "real" contest ever.

Single Op, Low Power, CW only.
    695 QSOs, 150 multipliers, abt. 19.5/24h of operating.
    ANT: 150m Delta Loop @ 18m, Cushcraft R8. No Beam.

My Flex 6300 worked absolutely flawless in combination with K6TU FlexControl and N1MM+.

Many thanks FRS!

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Used my 6300 in the rsgb 160m cw contest last night, driving a valve amp unto a new inverted v dipole at 50ft. Worked 200 in the four hours with 32 dxcc and a good number of district mults. Should get me in the top three. The 6300 performed well with 400hz filtering and plenty of weak eu stations . I didnt use the second slice to s and p this time as the run frequency was busy enough. 73 Steve gw0gei
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Who else worked the SSB Sweepstakes this weekend?  I know Stu, K6TU, did because I worked him.  I only worked about half the allowed time (the XYL had plans for the other half) but I managed to rack up 80 out of 83 sections, WAS, and a score of 77.6K.

It's so much easier to find a spot to call when you open up the panadapter nice and wide.  Then set the filter and go for it.  I was pulling out stations right in the noise level and getting contacts that I would have let go before.  The Flex works great with N1MM+.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.