Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Utility for SmartSDR

Paul RN3A
Paul RN3A Member
edited December 2016 in New Ideas
Hi guys. 

For those, who might be interested. Some time ago I have developed a small utility, which was intended to add some useful features to SmartSDR. Initially, the main idea was to try SO2R for 6700 radio and add correct frequency display and conversion for VHF/UHF Transverter operation. This utility eliminated the need for SmartSDR CAT, but it can still be used in parallel with it. 
Setting up expectations. Unfortunately, not all ideas could be fully implemented, primarily because of the limitations of FlexLib libraries. Especially for SO2R. I have worked several Contests using it, and there are still quite a few enhancements required to make it comfortable. VHF/UHF part worked pretty well for me and my setup, but I guess there several more things which could be added. 
And the last bit. I have also added some Hardware COM ports interfacing just to fit my own needs. It is very similar in it's functionality to DDUtil, but6 of course, it is not so broad and universal. The main reason I have added this, is to to have just one external utility, which will have the best fit to my setup. 

The utility is developed using .NET platform and should run fine on Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines. The setup file also includes PDF QSG with some pictures and basic explanations. 

Ver.1.0 of the utility was developed back in March, and since then it was tested by Russian Flexers. Now it is version 3.2. It proved to be running fine on 6700 and 6500 radios, so in theory it should also run with 6300 radios, but I never tested it with 6300s.

So, those who might be interested in this, please give it a try and tell me what you think about it. I intend to develop it further, along with SSDR, so it is good to know, if the concept makes sense and is worth an effort. 

Here is the link to setup file:

http://webfile.ru/7530ddfc8c62a745686e1568d7d9c1fa

And the last thing. I hope I don't break any rules by posting this here. I hope not. :)

73!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.