Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DRM reception with DAX

Beppe IK3VIG
Beppe IK3VIG Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi, an example of DRM reception with a slice in USB 10KHz wide with DAX as input for Dream. 73 Beppe ik3vig

Comments

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Could you list a web address to get the Dream software?
  • Beppe IK3VIG
    Beppe IK3VIG Member
    edited December 2013
    the link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/drm/ 73 Beppe ik3vig
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Very nice, Beppe!
  • K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Can you send me the setup info for Dream?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have tried it, and I keep getting told that I have a AAC Codec missing. Where do I find it?
  • Nick - N9SJA
    Nick - N9SJA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Beppe, are you able to hear the audio?  I have tried this and can decode the data in Dream but cannot hear the audio.  I have downloaded the faad2_drm.dll from a source online and put it in the same directory as dream.exe, but still don't seem to hear audio...
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I was hoping this could be done. How did you get the filter 10 kHz wide? I can't seem to get mine that wide with the little filter widget.  Also, where did you get the way cool S-meter?

Mark
  • Peter Bentley
    Peter Bentley Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Hello Beppe

Thanks for the post

It would be really helpful if you could make a short video on YouTube, like installing Dream DRM on the Flex 6000 Series for Dummies. it would save you answering a lot of questions...

Also, where do you get the neat Signature series 'S' virtual 'S' Meter?

Maybe a YouTube video on installing that would be good also...

Its all about sharing the knowledge to promote FlexRadio.

Thanks again

best wishes

Peter G4BIM

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The S meter comes from Beppe's site. Woodboxradio.com
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2014
    There is a readme file with the S Meter that explains how to install the software.
    It works really well. If I could just find a way for it to auto start when I select my radio
    in SmartSDR, it would be perfect!!!
    james
    WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.