Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Front Panel Power Button vs. Remote Power On

Bill N3HQB
Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Is there any advantage in using the front panel power button over remote power on?

How does the startup or shutdown sequence vary?

Answers

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Yes. It would give me a chance to crawl under my desk twice per day.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Both mechanisms (front panel power button and the Remote On plug) trigger the same power up/down sequences. So I think the answer is that there is not an advantage other than the ergonomics of accessing the mechanism.
  • This is not the behavior I just experienced. Today my 6600 stopped receiving, which has become a common problem for me. I remotely operate the PC it's connected to using Windows RDC, and I have the radio's remote power connection plugged in to an IoT outlet that I can power-cycle remotely. I repeatedly powered the unit off and on using the remote power connection but it still wasn't receiving (I assume the radio powered off because the SmartSDR software disconnected every time I did it). The receive problem wasn't resolved until I had someone physically press the power button on the front of the radio.

I'm wondering if something has changed this question was asked? Or if it was an accurate response to begin with?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

The code for power up/down still works the same as it did in 2014. I'm not sure how to explain your experience, but yes, the answer is still accurate.

• Thanks for the reply. I'll test it again the next time it happens and will contact support if I experience the same behavior.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@marvinpandroid

You need to open a support ticket and figure out why it stopped receiving. This is not normal.

Is there some other software that is changing antennas or any of the receiver settings such as AGC-T, RF Gain, ,etc. Or, is it possible you are maxing out your upload bandwidth? What is your upload bandwidth? What is your FPS and RATE set to on your display? Are you trying to run DAX over SmartLink (which is not recommended).

When you say it isn't receiving, that is a pretty generalistic failure. More details such as a screen shot of a video would be helpful.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.