Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote ON for Flex 6300

Greg - KØGDI
Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
I have made a RCA cable with a switch and hooked it into the remote on connector on the back of the radio.  I notice that in the startup of SmartSDR there is an option to enable Remote On.  But when I click it it does not change to Enabled.  Is this feature working?

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Yes it works 100%
  • Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ok, any ideas on why it is not giving me the option to enable it?
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I assume you are "connected" to the radio when you try and enable this?
  • Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I am in the Radio Setup screen with the Flex 6300 selected and try to click Remote On from Disabled to Enabled and it doesn't click.  I have my RCA cable to a on/off switch hooked up.  The switch does work because I have an amplifier that opens/closes ground to cut the amp on and off.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Yes but is the radio running when you are doing this clicking? 
  • Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes.  The radio is powered on.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I keep asking the wrong question. 
    Is the radio in the process of exchanging data with the computer in such manner as to display signals on the monitor whenever you attempt to enable the remote on feature? 

• Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    No.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Ok...That's the problem then. 
    Bring up the radio, get it working then enable your remote on.
  • Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ok, that enabled the feature.  So how does the remote on/off work then?  Because when I flip the switch nothing is happening.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Greg,

You're going to be disappointed because remote on will only turn the radio on. It won't start SSDR. Unless you are planning to run some sort of remote desktop so you can select the radio once SSDR is started it won't work.

Jon...kf2e
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Cycle power to the radio once you have selected the remote on. If your switch is closed it should start.

Jon...kf2e
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Every morning when I get up I go to the shack, turn on the 12v power supply, flip the remote on switch which starts the 6300, boot the computer, bring up SSDR, click the 6300 icon then finally click on connect. How easy can turning on a radio be? :*)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    @Greg - I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • Greg - KØGDI
    Greg - KØGDI Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Tim.  I just can't seem to get it working.  Look forward to a resolution from the Help Desk.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.