Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Transmit out-of-band with 6300 using XVTR port

Ron Parsons
Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can the 6300 transmit out-of-band when using the XVTR port? The 1500 can do this in XVTR mode by transmitting, say, above 29.7 MHz.

Specifically, can the 6300 transmit above 24.990 or 29.7 MHz when using the XVTR port and an appropriate XVTR definition? Any mode restriction?

Ron

Answers

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited October 2014

Hi Ron,

The XVTR output ( 0- 10 dBm ) can be used on the same frequencies as it can be used for as receiver. It is not limited to the 10m band like the 1500.

Jan,

pa0bie

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    Transmit via the transverter port is mode independent and the max TX frequency is 31.999999 MHz

(CORRECTION: the 31.999.999 limit is for the ANT port when the 6500 or 6700 is unlocked and is used with transverter hardware and not the transverter low power port.  The transverter port will transmit at any frequency the radio will receive.  For the FLEX-6300, the max is 54 MHz on the transverter port.  Sorry for the confusion.
  • Ron Parsons
    Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    The FLEX-6000 Family Datasheet says for the Flex-6300:
    Transverter IF Frequency Coverage 100kHz - 54 MHz

Is it 32 or 54 MHz?
    Ron
  • Ron Parsons
    Ron Parsons Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Tim, my question above  "Is it 32 or 54 MHz?" has not been answered.
    Ron
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    See the correction to my original statement above.  It is 54 MHz on the XVTR port and if you need to use high power on one of the ANT ports, it is 31.999.999 MHz.
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    So you could unlock a 6300 and drive a 70cm XVTR from 430 to 440 without the need to have it connected to the XVTR port and without the need to change "bands" on the XVTR box?

Who can request this? or will the local supplying dealer do this? Would be a godsend to get 70cm in one hit. Oh and FM :)

73 Steve

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    The 6300 exciter will transmit out of the XVTR port without any changes (unlock, etc) to the radio.  It will not transmit at 430MHz, though -- you would need a transverter.  The output frequency of the radio is limited to 54MHz.
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    Sorry Steve, I was probably not clear, I meant after reading Tim's comment regarding unlocking the 6300 meant I could use a 10Mhz transverter without gaps or needing to change band every 2Mhz - from 20 - 30Mhz or 20 - 10Mhz from the normal ant socket at 10w drive rather than the XVTR port @ a very low level and needing to "boost" that to a level the transverter can use.

That was my question as to who needed to do this? The dealer or Flex, it would make 70cm (and 2m) transverting much quicker and very useful when FM arrives.

73 Steve
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Ahhh ok the 6300 cannot be unlocked due to the filter configuration in the PA.  Both the 6500 and 6700 can.
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    6500 it is then :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.