Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"Focus Helper" with N1MM+?

Conrad N5CR
Conrad N5CR Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I am unable to get the 6700 "Focus Helper" to work with N1MM+.  Checking "Grab Focus From Other Apps When Radio is Tuned" in the N1MM+ Config menu does nothing.  What is the solution? 

SmartSDR v1.3.8 and N1MM+ v0.19.4093.0.  (N1MM+ changes daily but no version has worked.)

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Have you modified your N1MM Logger.ini file per this link: http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=UDP+Broadcasts?  We have tested N1MM and N1MM+ with the Focus Helper feature in SmartSDR and they both worked when we tested them.
  • Conrad N5CR
    Conrad N5CR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Yes, I have looked at that link, and it says NOTHING about focus.  Am I supposed to just start trying stuff, and hope I get it right?  How about posting exactly what I need to put in logger.ini?
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    It isn't in flashing lights, but if you do a find on that page for focus, you'll find 2 hits under 1.3.  This says:
    This code is broadcast when IsBroadcastRadio=True in the [ExternalBroadcast] section of N1MM logger.ini, at the moment the frequency of the radio changes or every ten seconds if the VFO is stationary.
    We use the FocusEntry field in that info to handle the focus for N1MM.  So the specific things to add to your ini file are:

[ExternalBroadcast]
    DestinationIPs=127.0.0.1
    DestinationPort=12060 
    IsBroadcastRadio=True 

Note that if you change the port, you'll need to make a corresponding change in SmartSDR.  Also, make sure there isn't already an ExternalBroadcast section in your ini file.  If there is one there, you will want to merge them.
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Conrad,

I had the same issue here. Just preparing the station for WAG coming weekend.

Changing the .ini file (while N1MM+) closed helped!

Works just fine now.

If you need help, just drop me an Email!

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY 
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    N1MM+  V1.0.5139 dos not grab the focus from Flex anymore. 
    Grab focus in N1mm+ is checked. Focus Helper settings in SSDR are okay too.

Does anyone have (solved) the same issue? Maybe it is an N1MM+Problem. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.