Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Implement a real ATU function in 1.4

DK1EY
DK1EY Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
As I am using the built in tuner a lot, while I run my 6300 barefoot, I nearly everytime ask me why the tuning function has to be initiated manually.

I still hope for a workflow of a true Automatic Tuning Unit.

The way it works now is okay, but it's just semi-automatic.

SMOP? ;)

VY73
Tom
DK1EY
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    @Tom - it is on the list to do. I promise.
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Tim,

Thanks a lot!
    I take you at your word.

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    For V. 1.4? That would be great, Tim. Or are you just saying it is on the "list" of planned improvements? Either way, I am glad that it will be forthcoming sometime soon. Thanks.
  • G4IUA
    G4IUA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Even more important would be ATU memory.  Having to reactivate the ATU function when changing bands is a real nuisance.  Unfortunately my antenna doesn't provide a great match on some bands, so this is something I do every band change.  

Jeff - G4IUA
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    At this time we are only committing to what is on the roadmap for v1.4.  If time permits, as we have done in the past, we may include other new features.  The ATU automatic mode is a new feature that is on the list to do, but at this time it has not been scheduled for a particular release.
  • Sparks
    Sparks Member
    edited March 2017
    1.4 does not have ATU memories and even changing mode requires a complete re-tune from scratch. Of course we need the radio to remember the basic ATU settings after we've been to a favorite freq. and tuned there. I know that the hardware may not support that.... but at least let it keep the tuner settings when changing modes on the same band.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    From the October 2014 Insider.....see highlighted below.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.