Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any word / update on the recall?

WA6FXT Mike
WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Just wondering if anyone has received their recall email? My Special Edition 6700 (Purchase date 5/31/12) has not yet been recalled.

Answers

• Bernie
    Bernie Member
    edited May 2018
    I got my notice last week, and my 6700 arrived in Austin today, October 13, 2014.  My purchase date was 5/18/12.
    -73-
    Bernie Huth, W4BGH
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Mine was Purchased at Dayton 2012
    Got the recall on 10/03/14
    Shipped back 10/06/14
    UPS says it will be back at my QTH 10/14/14

Impressive turn around time  (albeit i paid for 2 Day Air Return because i need to set it up for a contest shootout with a IC-7800, K3, FTDX5000 and assorted other Legacy radios...
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It's not a recall.  It's a Product Enhancement.    I already have gotten mine back.
  • James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited December 2018
    Don't you just love these marketing terms?
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    **** it Jim, I'm an engineer, not a conversationalist! ;)
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What is the 'enhancement'? When one buys from a retailer, does FRS get contact details or do we need to register somewhere?

Tnx.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    For eligible FLEX-6700 customers, the distributor from whom you purchased your radio is handling the notification for the PEN modification.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    The Enhancement applies ONLY to 6700. It is an upgrade to power supply in order handle heavier. Current due to more sophisticated code in the FPGA If u own a 6700, your dealer or Flex will contact you
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi, hi.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.