Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Difficulty in grabbing slider bar controls on higher resoloution screens

JB
JB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

On higher resolution displays the area allowed to grab a slider bar control is very small and difficult to hover in just the right place to grab it. I'm not sure what the "live" area is in actual pixels but wondering if the target could be larger.

This will effect those with larger monitors that are maximizing screen real-estate or Tablet/iPad users more than most.

Will we see a new feature in V2.0 where "touch" control is enabled? 

Comments

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I mentioned this problem to Steve N5AC at the ARRL Convention and he did note it down.  In any event, the 'hotspot' on the sliders is much, much too small in the current version.

73 de K1ESE
    John

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I agree in spades. I would prefer to use the cursor keys on the keyboard as they allow for much easier precision movement - the mouse wheel would be even better. Ideally I would like the slider under the cursor to get the focus without having to click. As I am on a roll, I would like the 'bubble help' to appear when the slider is active and not when just over the slider control.

Counter-intuitively, the up/down keys move sliders left and right, but this does not work on all of them.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread Jon, just thought these ideas tied in. Hope that's okay. My monitor is 1920x1080 BTW..
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes, a few more pixels please.  Fine tuning -- but that's part of the beauty of Flex.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    How about the TNF controls. I find it difficult once I create the filter to select it to widen or move.

Jon...kf2e
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the feedback (and hijack Guy :-). Remember, Flex uses data from this forum to determine what fixes/improvements need to be made. As I remember, clicking "Like" adds your voice and thumbs up. The higher the # of "Likes" the quicker the idea/request will rise above the noise.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I changed this Idea to a Problem and entered it in our bug tracker for further investigation.  Thanks for the feedback.
  • N7CXI
    N7CXI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    What kinds of resolutions? I'm running SmartSDR on a 28" monitor at 1920x1280 resolution, and I find the sliders about right. If I were running my 15" MacBook, now that would indeed be a problem. I forget the resolution that display likes running Windows, but sliders and window close buttons seem microscopic.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    24" monitor @ 1920x1080 here.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I would also like to add a plea for interface consistency. Some sliders can be moved using the cursor keys (why up/down and not left/right?) and some cannot.

Some form of gearing needs to be implemented as moving the sliders with the mouse is just too sensitive. Sometimes I really do just want to move a slider by one unit, a PITA with the mouse, but doable with the keyboard.

These comments apply to DAX as well as the main SSDR interface.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.