Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

S-Meter is delayed

I just upgraded to 1.3.8 and one thing I have noticed is the S-Meter has a delayed with any signal.  It's like its has about a two second delay behind the signal reading.  Very annoying. 

Comments

• Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Matter of fact, the entire pan adapter has a delay.....
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    This happens only when you have more then one pan adapter open.

• Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Also happens with more then one slice open..
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Nick,
    Running V1.3.8 here so just took a look.  Listening to CW, the audio, panadapter, waterfall and S-meter are all in synch.  

This test was on a 6700 with 3 panadapters open.  

Per Task Manager:
    SSDR @ 13%
    System IDLE @ 85%

Maybe something PC related....PC busy, video issue, etc.   It would also be interesting to see what you PC Passmark score is.   See thread for more info.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/graphics-cards-for-ssdr-again  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Everything worked fine till I upgraded to 1.3.8..
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited April 2020
    Just down graded to my old version and everything works fine now.  It's ver 1.3.8 that's the issue.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Not necessarily. As we work our way through new releases of SSDR they are growing in complexity and increasing the need for system resources. You haven't told us what your system is comprised of but it is entirely possible that you have reached the point where your system just isn't keeping up(with 1.3.8). That time will come for all of us eventually.

Jon...kf2e
  • Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    I just spoke to tech support and its a known problem with 1.3.8 that is currently being worked on..   
  • Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Just FYI and for comparison, I have a six-year old PC with a Core2 Duo processor, and see no serious delay in the S-meter with two slices open.

Since this may be a function of graphic capabilities, perhaps my inexpensive graphics card (as opposed to some on-board graphics chips) is making the difference?
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016

I am having this problem as well..  This is a pretty beefy system.. It was working great before the upgrade..  I hope downgrading is not the solution. can someone give me information about this being a known issue as stated ealier?    Spot ot.. pan display is delayed.. system resources are up there.. but all was smooth prior to upgrade.

• Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    Yes, this is without any question a bug.  I downgraded for now.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Yep. Downgrade solved it.. Have to wait for a fix
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We are aware of the issue in the meter lagging and are currently investigating it.  Thanks for the report.
  • safetyproumb
    safetyproumb Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks, Tim.  I'm reluctant to pile on since you guys provide such great support, but is this issue related to what has been described in the  "1.38 Hyperactivity" thread? I have a modest lap top system (see below) and I'd hate to find out that I need to upgrade my PC hardware just to accommodate the upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.8. I've downgraded to v1.3.0 because with 1.3.8 I'm experiencing the display issues described in this thread and those described in the "1.38 Hyperactivity" thread.

Jim, N3JWE

Flex 6300
    Dell Inspiron laptop N7010
    Intel Core i3 M370 2.4 Ghz
    6 GB Ram
    Intel HD integrated graphics
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Passmark v8.0 Benchmarks
    overall; 754
    2D graphics; 367
    3D graphics; 135
    CPU; 2367

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yes thanks Tim.  This problem seems to be more than just an Smeter problem, and more of a CPU utilization issue overall for the build since the pan display seems to lag also and I definitely see a major CPU spike when adding the second slice, much more so than 1.3.0.  appreciate your quick response and hope you guys and resolve it quickly.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Yes thanks Tim. It's not just listening as Al said, it is, at least what I notice, when you transmit, i.e. on SSB when I unkey or the vox drops, the panadapter still shows me talking. And yes, I suspect it is about 2 secs. And on the other problem I reported, it is new to 1.3.8 and very consistent. I hope that helps.

Walt -kz1f

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.