Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Grey out CWX indicator, if CWX panel is not open

DK1EY
DK1EY Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
I just saw that the CWX indicator is bright, even if the panel is deactivated (yes, I know, the CWX function is usable even with a closed panel). A switchable function of a button should be capable of being differentiated visually.

Please make inactive Panadapter/TX Panel/TNF/CWX indicator grey.
1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

I agree with you about graying it out when it is inactive. 

Although, it is very obvious when it is in use or not.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    To me, grey out means " not available for selection".  It is obvious by observation if it is selected.
    Just my opinion.
    AL, K0VM
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Al,

in my snapshot, posted above, the panadapter and TNF would be " not available for selection" following your argument.

That is the initial point that irritates me. 
    • Panadapter grey: not selectable / bright: selectable
    • TX Panel bright: selected / bright: not selected
    • TNF grey: global TNF unselected / bright: selected
    • CWX: bright: not selected / bright: selected
    The meaning of the coloured buttons is not stringent.

What you mention is 100% right - obvious by observation - but there are a few tricks in GUI design, that differentiate a high-usability-GUI from a usable GUI.

In my opinion, Flex tries to deliver the best possible software and to convince with great features, not only concerning Amateur Radio hard-facts. I just talk about the soft-facts that could by implemented by changing a hex-number and a value.

SMOP ;)

VY 73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Many thanks tor FRS for "#649 CWX: CWX icon is now grayed out when not open, lit up when opened" in 1.3.8. VY73 Tom DK1EY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.