Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Was chasing the PY0 split down on 12 cw this am. He had a pattern

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Was chasing the PY0 split down on 12 cw this am. He had a pattern, and every time I moved my xmit frequency to get to where I expected he would be listening next, THE RF Power slider reverted to it's lowest setting (all the way to the left).
Everytime.
I saw no other evidence of rfi.
I was using the mouse to position vfoB ahead of his last worked station.
Each time as I did that, the Power Slider reverted to the left (lowest power)
Anyone else? Can't say I saw this before on any band. So if no-one else reports, I will go on the rfi hunt.

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Haven't seen that - how are you changing freq? Knob or mouse? If through the GUI, are you sliding an existing slice or creating a new one for each QSY?
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Sliding the existing transmit portion of the slice.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    are you using DDUTIL?
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I have seen something similar happen on a couple of bands 17 and 40 meters.  I would do the same sliding the existing transmit portion and the Transmit PTT relay would become disabled and I would have to turn it back on each time I moved TX frequency -  surely not efficient when chasing DX and wanting to utilize your amp
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Several of our engineers have tried to reproduce this without success.  If you continue to have this problem, could you run through the steps from a reset database?  Thanks.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I will try, but it's a specific set of circumstances....
    Would one of your engineers be willing to take a rig to a rare location and operate 12M split CW?
    Of course you have a major traveling budget...just for these types of anomalies don't you..??
    I'm thinking maybe Afganistan...I still need that on 12 meters...digital though...

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    It happened again this am. Worked both W1AW/5 on 160 (required tuner)
    I didn't have the problem of power slider as I didn't not have to qsy my xmit frequency.

and W1AW/7 on 80 (required tuner)

80 meter cw
    split operation chasing W1AW/7
    I was working split, a narrow split of just 2KC max
    The W1AW/7 station was picking out stations calling him up 1 to 3 kc's
    Of course I could see the 'station' he had answered in the display.
    I would then mouse click on the signal in the vfo b passband.
    At first I didn't realize that the RF Power slider had reverted to minimum upon a slight qsy.
    This maybe is a result of the 160 and 80 antennas require the AT-Auto tuner to make adjustments with any major qsy. Normally any qsy more than 5-10 kc will require the tuner to re-adjust.
    Once I saw that was happening again, I made sure I dragged the slider to max after any qsy of the xmit freq.
    But my previous post about this issue involved a 12 meter qso in which the tuner was not involved as my 12 meter portion of my yagi is resonant and does not require retuning.

Logged both the 160 simplex and 80 split operation W1AW stations this am.
    Both were loud here just east of Ohare...

Hope someone else can confirm this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.