Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to transfer files to the radio.

lyndy brannen
lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR API
I have found and downloaded the Waveform API example. How do I get it in the folder inside the radio? 

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    What did you find and where? I have found stuff maybe I don't know what I am looking at Mike N9DFD
  • lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    So you grab the DSP API folder at stuff it in the radio. Now like you said where
  • Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited September 2014
    I think you will find it needs to be compiled first. What you have is in C# and what you stuff somewhere needs to be a DLL . So a lot more questions! I have been trying with Visual Studio 2013 but some errors indicate it might have been done on an older version. Or else I don't know what I am doing which is equally likely.
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Not being much of a programmer I need a step by step how to. Andrew
  • lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Me too Andrew.

• lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, learning more each day.

• Bill - K7UOP
    Bill - K7UOP Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014

I'm not an expert programmer but have some experience. This is what I've deduced after watching the YouTube video on the Waveform API and looking at the provided source files.

The DSP_API is written in C++ and are text files. They need to be compiled into executable binary files. Executable files need to be compiled for the particular microprocessor that they will be run on. For the Radio this is a 1 GHz ARM M8-hf (Neon) CPU. It is mentioned that a BeagleBone Black is a compatible hardware module and I imagine it can be used for development (compiling, etc.).

The DSP_APIDOCSDocumentation.txt file indicates the folder in the radio where the executable and config file must reside. But, it does not describe how to transfer the files to the radio.

The PC GUI is written in C#. It is intended to run on Windows PC and can be built using Visual Studio. The FlexLib code or dll's are not provided in the download and  the current FlexLib.dll that I have (v1.3.0.25781) does not include definitions for the Waveform API. So, I get errors when trying to build the GUI.

These are not trivial tasks. We will have to wait for Flex to provide more information.

• lyndy brannen
    lyndy brannen Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Bill.  Getting closer.
  • Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited September 2014
    Me as well. Perhaps a new thread asking if anyone has managed to compile and install. What you have downloaded are source files with a .cs suffix so these appear to be in C Sharp or C#. They require building into .dll files according to the processor of your PC. Microsoft Visual Studio is the tool to do that. Look on YouTube for info about that. But I have stuck with error messages that stump me. This is a lot more complex than the Hello World tutorials!
  • Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you that explains a lot and why I am getting the errors that I am seeing. Also note that FreeDV is also a moving target so expect to have to recompile every couple of months to keep up. I have used FreeDV with the Flex, perhaps I will stick with that until this is a bit more mature. Back to the "Hello World" tutorials!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.