Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Am I doing it wrong or does Profiles NOT include a power out setting

I created a WSJT-x profile and hoped it that when I started or opened WSJTx it would start at 40 watts, but I must have done it wrong as it always starts with the RF Power Set at minimum.

Answers

• Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    You're not doing anything wrong, I can't get that to save as well.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bill,
    I guess I have not noticed that problem, but I will take your word for it.. 
    I normally leave my SSDR power set to MAX for all modes ( except when running the External PA) and use the power control in the WSJT, etc. to control the power output.   DDUtil controls the SSDR power output when I use the PA.

AL, K0VM
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Welcome to the Vacuum created by the lack of detailed documentation about persistence, Global. Profiles, Tansmit Profiles. Flex has promised documentation but until it is published your guess as to what might be saved is as good as anyone else's.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I believe this is part of the transmit profile. Enjoy
  • NZ8J
    NZ8J Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I've set tx profiles for amp use (reduced power) and normal for 100 watt operation. TX profiles do save power. I also found that TX profiles will save cw delay although there is no visual indication it does so. I've been able to switch between the amp and normal TX profiles several times and the power and cw delay will change accordingly. I have found however that clicking on the cw delay button when in the amp profile delay will immediately change from to 10 from 140. (again the visual indicator does not change). There is a bit of ambiguity as to how this all interacts, and I'm still trying to learn. The concept of global and transmit is new to me. I do miss the simple bandstacking most current rigs today employ, not sure why we can't have both. Tim NZ8J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.