Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cat virtual port gone

Ian1
Ian1 Member ✭✭
If a software crash occurs in SDR or Cats sometimes Cat will delete all created Virtual Ports and not allow the creation of a new port. Reboots of both computer and or radio do not fix the problem. I find I must uninstall smart SDR and all associated software then reinstall and all is fixed. I'm running version 8.1 of windows anyone have any thoughts?

Unrelated problem with HRD I worked with Rick owner and developer of HRD to get main interface running no luck I have the Logbook working very stable but DM780 only able to receive.

Any help with CAT would be appreciated. I do also notice that if the radio is started before the computer CAT starts 1st in extensions and this will cause some conflicts with ports on startup easy fix is let computer start up 1st then start radio.

Ian
KM4CQG   

Answers

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I had similar problems with past versions. In the end I had to delete some ghost ports as detailed in one of Tim's papers in the knowledge base. I set the Flex Control to Com 30 as recommended. So far so good. Andrew
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited September 2014
    At one of our 6700's we have a similar problem. Most of the time , we loose all ports in CAT as soon as the PC is shut down and restarted.  Sometimes only the descriptions , PTT , DTR , RTS and Dedicated are only gone.  Even the file " radios.xml " is then changed. This problem does not occur with shutting down and restarting SSDR and or SCAT , only with restarting the PC. We have maked a shortcut to the map in wich this file belongs and a copy of the good working file on the desktop to recover the normal situation without reinstalling SSDR and/or SCAT.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ian,

I am sure your problem is frustrating, but since I have never had the problem, I don't know what to tell you to do. 

AL, K0VM
    P.S. I too have reassigned the Flex control port to a higher number.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Al I agree with you. 

The only problem I have encountered was caused by Microsoft updates that shut off in the middle while updating.

The problem these individuals are having may be cause by their installation or misconfiguration of the software. Or just not following the instructions.

My only I advise that I can suggest is "READ THE MANUAL"  and follow the instructions.

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Guys

I am going to try and use the High number Virtual Port thanks for all the Help guys.

Ian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.