Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ant matrix switching issue on 6300

Michael - WB2RVX
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am running a 6300 with the current software version 1.3.0 although the problem existed since I purchased the radio in Dayton. Example - one band is set for 6m and the 2nd band for 10m. Ant1 is selected for rx and tx with one slice on each band and everything works fine. When I choose Ant2 or Xvtr for rx on either of the bands, the other band also changes to Ant2 or Xvtr on rx. The tx selection works independently with one selection of Ant1, Ant2, or Xvtr not affecting the other band. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The 6300 has only one SCU.  This means that both pan adapters and slices have to use the same antenna for RX.  You would need the 6700 to do what you are trying to achieve.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    That's correct operation.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Michael,
      The 6300 ( and 6500) has only one Signal Capture Unit ( ADC ) which services both ( all ) receive slices, Therefore all RX slices share the same antenna.  The transmit is nearly totally separate from the RX so can its Ant is not tied to the RX antenna selection.
    AL, K0VM
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Hi Mike,
    I haven't fully experienced the limitation yet as I have a 6700, but we plan to make an external box that will mix various inputs and move them to different frequency locations so you can simultaneously receive into a single SCU.
    Waiting on band data for that to happen.
    Phil
  • Michael - WB2RVX
    edited September 2014
      Tnx to all who replied. I now have a much better understanding of the relationaship between the SCU and rx ant ports. As a VHF contester, my intent was to run 6m native using ant1 on one band/slice and 2m using the xvtr port on 10m on the second band/slice. Back to the drawing board to come up with a solution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.