Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I can't get PSDR to work on my computer

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
I tried to start PSDR Flex5K but no joy.
the windows offereing only to start the Demo would come up.
A suggestion to check the FW cable proved to be accurate as I must have been dislodged when I ran cables for the 6K.
I reinserted the FW cable and still the same thing, Just the option to start the Demo.

Still no joy so I took the suggestion to try the restore point.
Still no joy.
Nothing but the offer to start the DEMO.
Does not even indicate the radio or it's SN as being connected.

How do I fix this

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bill,
      Can you start the Flex Firewire driver utility ?image

If you can't get this, you have a FireWire problem... Either the FW host adapter card/driver, the Flex FW driver or the F5K hardware itself.

If that is OK then your master.xml file may have become corrupt..  Reset your PSDR database, and then navigate to "%appdata%RoamingFlexRadio Systems" and rename master.xml .

AL, K0VM
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    No Al.
    I can't find it....
    Can you give me the file name and suffix?
    I've been trying to find that for 2 days.

• Jerry Shirar
    Jerry Shirar Member
    edited January 2016
    I had a similar problem.  I had 2 connectors on my FW card.  One works and the other doesn't.  I bought it used so I simply use the one that works now.  This sounds similar.

Jerry N9XR
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I did find it...but it's empty
    It wants me to load a file but I don't know the name of the file or where it's stored.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm missing some files somewhere.
    I need to download a current install disk for the FK.
    Too many confused files due to the Restore Point return.
    hey flex, can I get the latest install disk? LOL
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Jerry, I had both working, although the 5K was powered down as I'm been trying to learn all the ins and outs of the 6K.
    Totally different situation caused me to do a Restore Point.
    I knew that RP's sometimes caused more problems and sure enough it must have really picked the PSDR to scramble.
    All I want'ed to do was check it out so I could put it up for sale.
    Definetly can't do that now...
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I can't seem to get the FW driver working...
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bill,
      Should be at  "C:Program filesFlexradioFlexradio.exe"   if not, Uninstall "Flexraio 4.1xxxx"  ( the Flex FW driver ) and FRS PowerSDR vxxx versions, reboot and reinstall PowerSDR 2.7.2
    You may wish to down load a fresh copy of the install package from FRS

AL, K0VM
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    The files 'seem' to be on the HD, at least I can see them when I go to that directory.
    But I don't think they are installed
    The Blue Driver screen can come up but it's empty, no driver version or anything.
    I'm sure the radio is ok
    I think that Restore point overwrote, mutilated, spindled whatever.

Will call Flex this am...maybe they have a disk I can buy that will re-install the 5K
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    Been dere, and downloaded what I thought was proper.
    Still no joy. will keep trying

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    @Bill - you really need to be using the HelpDesk for your support issues like this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.