Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

what's the default location of saved profiles, and what's the file suffix? Pse et tu.

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Duh, I saved the profiles, but did not record the location.
What's the suffix of the saved profiles and what is the default location. PSE et TU

Answers

• Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    The profiles are stored in the radio.   You can use the Export function to export them to any location you want and re-import them to the radio.  Page 50 of the manual.
  • Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited January 2020
    That I knew.
    I didn't ask the questions correctly.
    I exported my profiles to my computer as a backup...Duh, I didn't write down the location they were exported to.
    That's why I asked what the suffix would be so I could do a search.
    pse et tu
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015

Ah... I see.   Well, mine defaults to Desktop..... and here is what it looks like...

Extention is:  ssdr_cfg

• Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    When you elect to export a profile, you are given some choices as to where you'd like to store them. Like the previous comments say, it will default to the desktop, but if you have somewhere else you would like to store them, like "DocumentsProfiles", or anywhere else you'd like to store them, you do have a choice. The trick is...remembering where you stored them hihi.  Good Luck. The default file suffix is as stated in previous comments with a timestamp.

• Bill-W9OL
    Bill-W9OL Member
    edited October 2016
    I found them and moved it to my Desktop.
    Thanks for the help. Hopefully SSDR will offer me the option the next time I save the Profiles.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

In general, if you get into a spot like this, do the step over -- in this case export the profiles again, and take note of where they are going and the file name.  Then go have a look at the file, using whatever method you prefer, to find details such as file name suffix.  I make this mistake all of the time.

Or, start the export but stop short of actually writing the file.  Take note of where the dialog box says the file will be written, etc.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.