Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 Auto On on 12v possible?

Steve B.
Steve B. Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Operating Remote on LAN, (VNC) .. have westmountian rigrunner on local lan and can remote power on my 6300.  Any way to configure the 6300 to boot on power?  

Answers

• Nick - W2NER
    Nick - W2NER Member
    edited February 2015
    I would like to know that too so I can power up and power down the 6500 from the power supply.  I thought I read someplace that doing this was a bad idea.  Can anyone confirm this?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    There is a detailed discussion on remote power on/off at

https://community.flexradio.com/flexr...

I run my 6700 remotely virtually 90% of the time

I use a WEMO switch to control power to a 12v relay connected across the remote. Power terminal on my 6700.

My 12V power bus is powered all the time "The remote on/off works by using the RCA remote-on connector on the back of the radio. Latch the line to ground and the radio will power up, remove ground and the radio will power down. Note that this is a open-collector input so you will need a pull-up resistor or a source that provides a positive voltage on its own."
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Note that the Remote On input has its own pull up to 3.3V so you do not need an external pull up.  Just provide a relay contact closure or a transistor/FET drive to ground.
  • Steve B.
    Steve B. Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thanks All .. I have tied this my webpower witch .. it has reply outs .. if anyone is interested .. here's what I use for remote 110v switching .. works great   http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc7.html

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.