Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NB Idea

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in New Ideas
Gerald, here is an idea: bring the 6000 noise blanker up to the level of the 5000. This should include reflecting NB improvement on the panadaptor.

I know you are busy (repairing my radio, hi), but please move this up the list of things to get done sooner rather than later.

Comments

• Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Dave, thanks for bumping this issue.

I have an electric fence in the neighborhood and it irks me to have to go back my K3 to get effective noise blanking.  I'd far rather be using the 6700 full time.  Please save me from this awful fate and improve the 6000's NB soon.  This is, by a huge margin, my number one request.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I too would like to see improved noise blanking/abatement

73  W9OY
  • Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I agree.  Some days I can't use 6 meters on my 6300 because of power line noise.  I have pretty much reverted back to my 5000a because the NB is fabulous on the 5000.  The NB is really my only complaint on the 6300.  I just assumed that since the NB was so good on the 5000, that it would be at least as good on the 6300.   I rarely use NR as I find it to muck up the signal too much.  This is not just a 6000 series thing but every radio I have ever used (ICOM, Kenwood, etc).  I know the NB is probably a non issue with many hams but for those of us that live in noisy environments it's a must have to be able to work weak signals.

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
              Yes, by all means, and please apply the resultant reduction to the panadapter display.
    Taking out 12dB of audible noise would be nice, but it doesn't help to see those weak signals.
    Somehow those tend to be the ones you want to work.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    yes i would like to see the nb working right too the 5000 still on the desk too

• Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    and when you work on the nb  make sure the Panadapter floor drops too
  • W9DR
    W9DR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Dave & Larry, let me know when the NB works? 

Thanks, Dave, W9DR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.