Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX Bandwidth Transmit Control ?

James Nelson
James Nelson Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
DAX Bandwidth TX Control... Where is it ? I see voice bandwidth control is conveniently placed in "radio setup" however does this also set DAX as well ? I am having some comments from other stations asking why they are only seeing 1.5 khz on the DAX that is too narrow for some of our wideband modes such as as Easypal etc.... hence they cannot decode. Outside of the US we use many wideband digital or "fuzzy" modes as they sometimes referred too.

Answers

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Good question. Does the TX BW settings under the voice tab impact DAX TX as well or only from mic input? It the latter, how can the DAX audio be tailored? 73 Greg
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I would like to coming back to this topic, just yesterday playing with DIGI and need to comment what excatly DAX TX bandwith depends on the BW settings on the Transmit Control Banel, is it right for DAX ? 

This is easy to check, set  RX BW for 5kHz in DIGI but TX BW keep as is ex.: up to 3kHz, then try to transmit ex. BPSK63  on the 4kHz audio with control of the signal on the slice.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The low/high cut TX controls are active whether the "audio" is via the Mike, line, BAL or DAX inputs. That is why you need to adjust them to 5 KHz when working WSJT-X., and have them set correctly I'd running outboard mike audio processing software into the rig via DAX. You can create TX profiles for all of your Digi and other DAX modes, too.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi Ken, thank you for you reply, i would like to touch BW issue a bit more deeply,  ex. in case DAX TX BW = 5kHz and start TX on DIGI in PSK125  on ex. 4,5 kHz  then other side bands transmission i can see on the PAN that disappear  in case transmit on audio freq that below 4kHz. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sergei, are you hearing the other side and signals on another receiver? Or are you only seeing them on the panadapter? OnTX the panadapter sometimes shows signals outside the passband that do not really exist. This is due to internal overload of the pan by the transmitter.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I have seen it on the PAN yesterday, but  i will check it today on the other RX. You know but it is a bit strange in case PAN overload, in any way will check it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.