Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX and external programs

Ned K1NJ
Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

Which document or manual has the info about interfacing CWX with external programs
such as loggers?

" N1MM is the first logger supported and the details on how to enable this or to test with other loggers will be in the manual update."

Just can't seem to locate it.

Ned,  K1NJ

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    It is in the SmartSDR for Windows Software User's Guide, Section 27.5
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-users-guide-pdf/
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
       Tim,
                That's where it should be, but using external programs without extra hardware is not
    mentioned.  This was supposed to be a new CWX feature according to the preview information
    issued just before the release.

"CW can be sent from logging programs using the FLEX TCP/IP API.

CAT can also be used to send CW through CWX.

The CWX panel does not need to be open for external programs to send using CWX."

Ned,  K1NJ

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The CAT docs are being updated. We will post here once they are posted.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Flex Support: 
    Example: In Logger32 we tell the config that we are using a Kenwood TS2000. That makes the CAT commands work. The one we really need to work is the CAT command to key the transmitter. That doesn't work. What people want to know is...When will the CW Keying command work?? If the Flex CAT commands emulate a TS-2000 then we shouldn't need to know any command codes ...It should just start to work. 
    Right now you can't key the radio without some kind of external hardware. 
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, Eric.

Ned

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The updated SmartSDR CAT Software User's Guide is now on-line.
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-cat-user-guide-pdf/
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim & Eric,
    Thanks for the updated CAT users guilde.  I'm not trying to nit-pick but the new version has an error on the title page.  It still says Version 1.8. and should be 1.9

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    OK
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

I was able to get CWX to work using N1MM by using CATHEX and CATASC N1MM macro commands. Below is an example:

F1 CQ, {CAT1ASC KY CQ TEST {MYCALL};}

Note that this works with the current N1MM tags, such as {MYCALL}.

I have tested on my Flex-6300 with SmarSDR v1.3 and it works correctly. I am assuming the results will be the same on the other Flex-6X00's.

This is the link to the N1MM macro commands details:

http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Macros
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
        Works for me.
          Thanks,

Ned,  K1NJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.