Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I cannot get SDR version 1.3 to work . Missing the VSP drivers, as directed I have reloaded SDR ver

Albert Schneebeli
Albert Schneebeli Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR CAT
After downloading SDR VER.1.3 I am unable to get CAT 1.3 to operate. A warning pops up which states the drivers need to be installed, and to reload SDR1.3.  I have reloaded SDR 1.3 several times to no avail.  I removed and re installed SDR 1.3 several times.

Answers

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I posted what I thought the problem was before.  You have to uninstall the FlexVSP using control panel under programs and features.  After you uninstall make sure you reboot.  At that point I ran the install on SDR v1.3 again.  It should install the FlexVSP and then CAT should work.
  • Abed - AB5ED
    Abed - AB5ED Inactive Employee
    edited November 2019
    Albert, do you know which version of SmartSDR you were upgrading from?  Do you know which previous version of CAT you were upgrading from?  Which version of Windows are you running? 64 bit or 32 bit?

If you were coming from the last public release of SmartSDR (v1.2.17), I'd expect the upgrade process to be a breeze.  Hopefully these steps will clean it up and get you going again:
    1. Go to the Windows Uninstall screen (you can go to the Start menu and type 'Add or Remove Progams' or open the Windows Control Panel and select 'Uninstall a Program'
    2. Look for SmartSDR CAT and uninstall it if it exists
    3. Look for FlexRadio Systems FlexVSP and uninstall it if it exists
    4. Look for FlexRadio Systems SmartSDR v1.3.0 and uninstall it it exists
    5. Reboot your PC
    6. Install SmartSDR v1.3.0
    Let me know if you did see 'SmartSDR CAT' and/or 'FlexRadio Systems VSP' in steps 2 and 3.  
  • Albert Schneebeli
    edited June 2016

I am updating from v1.2.17.

I do not see SmartSDR CAT and/or Flex Radio Systems VSP in steps 2 and 3

I have uninstalled v1.3.0 rebooted, and then re installed v1.3.0.  but the SDRcat driver is not still installed. The pop up states the CAT driver is not installed, and I should reload SDR 1.3.  But the driver is still not being downloaded.

• Albert Schneebeli
    edited June 2016

I restored the computer to a time prior to installing the update..

the update was reloaded , and works as it should.

Thanks for the help.

Al

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.