Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Voltage, temp and current

Dale KB5VE
Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Will smart sdr show voltage and current and temp at sometime in the future. Also will we have the test features of power sdr ?
5 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2018
    Being able to display the radio's environmental status is under consideration. Thanks for the idea.
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited November 2014
    I would sure like to be able to view my input voltage to the radio. With a variable power supply something could hit the voltage adjustment **** and you would never know without connecting an external volt meter. Would be nice to check prior to operation.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    In the meanwhile,  DDUtilV3 shows voltage and temperature from a Flex 6000 radio.

imageimage

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The variable power supplies that I have seen have a display to show the supplied voltage.  Would that fit the bill?

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited November 2014
    That's true, but mine is an analog indicator and the supply is in a difficult area to reach. It would be beneficial to have it shown in the sdr interface.
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited November 2014

That was the ticket Bob. Have DDutil now and works fine. Nice little app. Let's me work with HRD as well now.

Ray

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    There is now also another nice third party app for displaying the temp and voltage on SSDR. 

K9DUR SmartSDR Monitor http://k9dur.info/smartsdr_utilities.html

But it would still be nice to have this as part of SSDR.   

IMHO, Even more important would be to see the CPU and FPGA fan errors show up on SSDR.  Currently only 6500 & 6700 users can see the error and then only if they are physically in front of the display on the radio.  Not so good for remote users or 6300 users. 

If they fail here are the errors you will see these errors on the radio display for the 6500 & 6700.  The 6300 does not have a display on the front of the radio.  User feedback indicates that the 6300 just shuts down and there is no error when powering up the radio.  You can't tell if the reason for the shutdown is due to the fan error or some other cause. 

Also if you are operating a 6500 or 6700 remote you won't get the error message either unless you have someone that can check the front display on the radio.

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    FRStack is a wonderful app just for this purpose and much more. 
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Bob,
    You are referring to the temp and voltage but not the CPU and FPGA fan errors, correct?

I don't think those fan errors appear anywhere except on the radio panels of the 6500 & 6700.  (But it would be great if they did)

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Those supply voltage meters only show whats leaving the power supply while the 3rd party apps get the reading from the radio which reflects voltage drops both in receive and transmit that is why they are so important.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Referring to the origimal post 5 years ago .... all I can say is if it hadnt happened in 5 years then i bets my money on it not happening in the next year either ... just saying ...
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Wayne,
    Well the "top 10" ideas by votes are all in the same range, about 4-5 years old.   

So hopefully it's more about number of votes and other priorities and that we will see some of them come to fruition soon.    Maybe 2018 or 2019 will be the time for some of these SSDR ideas to be worked on.

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Here are the "top 10."

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.