Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6300 "bundle" - Does the ATU come installed?

N7CXI
N7CXI Member ✭✭
I ordered a 6300 with the ATU and handles. Do the accessories come installed or "in the box"?

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI

Answers

• DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Jim, Mine came separately due to delivery problems over the pond to Germany. I assembled the ATU and the handlebars one week after getting the 6300. It is not a problem, you can't go wrong with the FRS instruction manual. It took me abt. 15 min, and the job was done. Have fun with your 6300. I enjoy it a lot. VY 73 Thomas DK1EY www.dk1ey.de
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Mine came with ATU installed, not sure about the handles..  73s Jim K4JAF

• N7CXI
    N7CXI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks. I was just curious... I got an email saying the radio has shipped, so it's on my mind.

Jim N7CXI

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I don't know how you even think straight to type on this forum right now!  I was so excited after I got "the call" last August from Matt at FRS that I could hardly sleep!  Then there was a delay due to storms!  It was worse than being a kid waiting for Christmas because I already KNEW what I was getting!  

Ken - NM9P
    6500 / 1500
  • N7CXI
    N7CXI Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Well - now I wouldn't want to be accused of thinking straight... ;-)

We just downsized into this QTH a couple of weeks ago, so boxes are stacked high with walkways between stacks. I mention this because I sold my 5000A and most of the rest of my station before the move, and promised myself new gear at the new QTH. The shack is smaller than at the previous QTH, but very nice. The 30A 240V circuit got installed last Friday for the amp, and the 6300 will be the first new piece of gear to arrive. Too bad I don't have a single antenna up yet to radiate all that brand-new RF... Fortunately for me, the weather is supposed to cool off for a few days toward the end of the week - enough time to get some temporary antennas up for the weekend, as long as nothing inconvenient happens with work.

Back to the 6300, at the old QTH I ran the 5000A from a dedicated CPU, which made for redundant boxes, displays, keyboards etc. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get away with using my main work machine for both work and the 6300... It's a 6-core AMD running at 3.8 gHz, 16GB of fast RAM etc. I haven't as yet measured it for DPC latency. I still have the i7 desktop I was using with the 5K in the wings if that doesn't work out. It worked fine with PowerSDR.

It must be tired out, I'm starting to type in little bursts... ;-)

Jim N7CXI

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited September 2014

Jim , no problem with the 6-core AMD.  You can use it for the FLEX and Your work at the same time if You have two displays on it. I use a 4-core INTEL hp-pavilion.  I use it for my FLEX on one screen and all the other programs including CAD , e-mail , Internet ans remote control of my R@S measurment equipment on the other screen. I'am already thinking over a 3 display video card.

Jan , pa0bie.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The ATU should be installed.  The handles will not.  It only takes a few minutes to install the handles.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.