Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR PLEASE ADD DAX TX LISTEN TAB FEATURE to drivers so we don't need 3 rd party programs.

Steve B.
Steve B. Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
Appears that the only way to route audio to windows autobus from DAX channel is by adding VAC's audio repeater.  I had thought Flex had OEM's VAC's code for SmartSDR .. is the addition of the LISTEN TAB on the roadmap for the windows drivers?

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    DAX "MON"itor is a requested feature already.   I requested it long ago and was told it was in the works.  :)  I hope it comes soon.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You might want to try the 3rd party program Romac. You can route the DAX audio to it and use the VAC's on the output of the software. Romac has many many nice features including a graphics equalizer. I have been able to tailor the TX audio coming from SmartSDR to sound quite excellent.

Jim, K6QE
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    My gut tells me (and its a substantial gut) that 3rd party utilities and drivers will be totally obviated when LAN (1.4) and WAN(2.0) computer support becomes available in October and January respectively.  

You can either use 3rd party utilities until then...or just be patient and wait.  :-)
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    If you simply want to monitor outbound audio, you can do that in Windows already.  Go to the sound card Recording properties for the Dax channel you care about, i.e. "DAX RESERVED AUDIO TX 1" and enable Listen:

This has been an acceptable stop-gap until they get legit MON enabled for DAX.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I use dax audio tx 1 listen to this device when operating remote
  • Steve B.
    Steve B. Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    The DAX driver shows a listen control (TAB) in Windows/XP but not Windows 7.  This is the issue  I was referring to.

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You are using XP?   It is there in Windows 7 and 8
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You are trying to set "DAX Reserved Audio RX 1".  Try "DAX Reserved Audio TX 1".  I'm running Windows 7 and the Listen tab is there for reserved TX channels which are the channels that are routed into SSDR transmit.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Also make sure the device usage is enabled. If is disabled, you will not see the listen tab.
  • Steve B.
    Steve B. Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    the issue is my ANT 2 is receive only mag loop ant. Need to use the RX not the TX MON -  device usage is enabled. 

• Steve B.
    Steve B. Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I am using Windows 7.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    If you look carefully, there is an enabling feature to make this monitoring alternative visible.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Make sure you are looking at the recording section not the playback section.   The listen tab is only present when editing the sound card in recording.   The DAX sound card is present in both areas, which could be causing this confusion.   I guarantee it is present in Windows 7 as I am using W7 and W8 for my Flex 6xxx radios.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Microsoft's definition of recording devices vs playback devices is non-intuitive.  "Recording devices" means devices you can record from, i.e. output streams which are devices that are playing back.  :-)

So, anything you want to listen to on the PC's speakers is a "recording device".  (It makes my head hurt.)

• Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    LOL....my head's been hurting for three days! BUT I finally got DAX working in both RCV and XMIT! Without using Skype.! I've been using Ignition and skype for the past few years with my 5000 but have since acquired a 6500 and wanted a more eloquent solution.. Parallels Acesss alone is the answer. Haven't tried VIOX yet but PTT/SSB works fine. Made several contacts sitting on my deck via my own wireless LAN and then again while at a meeting via my 4g Hotspot. Hope to post screen shots and notes tomorrow after my head clears! Joe - KC2TN
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    BTW I'm running Win7 ultimate and an iPad
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Everyone gets thrown off since the Listen option is not in the Playback Tab! It's not very obvious in the Recording Tab either. Thanks;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.