Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Add F-Key emulation to the FlexControl buttons

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
This idea originated with Jim / WB5AAA.   I created a mockup to illustrate it for him and it's posted below.   

Here is Jim's idea -- add the ability to assign a Function Key to the FlexControl buttons.  The mockup below shows the addition of function keys F1 through F8 in the list of button values.  

The idea is to use one of the FlexContol buttons when contesting.  It would work in conjunction with a logging program like N1MM  

- Tune with the knob
- press a FlexControl button to call the station (e.g. F4)
- press a FlexControl button to sent the report ( e.g. F5) 
- S&P without moving from the FlexControl

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

****** The FlexControl Set up screen *******

10 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Larry
    Larry Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Love It !!

• Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    What he said!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I like it!
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I don't have a FlexControl but I thought they plugged into the port on the radio. That being the case, what would be the path for the FLexControl to pass a command to your computer? I guess it would have to be incorporated into SSDR so the API could pass the command to another application. Seems like a pretty big job.

Jon...kf2e
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

The Flex Control plugs into the PC.

Dave, wo2x

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Jon,
    The FlexControl plugs into a USB port on the computer.  

The USB port on the radio is not currently used for anything although you can use it to provide power.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No it plugs into pc

Mike.
    N9DFD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.