Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't see all the RH item on the display

Alan C
Alan C Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in New Ideas
Just received my 6300 today and have been successful in getting everything up and running - except I can't see all the RH menu items. I'm missing about 1/2 inch (on the bottom) and there is no "scroll" to get to the bottom item.

How do you view ALL the items on the RH side? thx. Alan, W7EJT
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    What resolution are you using?  1920x1080?  I also have that issue on 1080p screens.  You can drag one of the boxes up to reorder, or turn one off by clicking the blue buttons at the top right.  My solution was to get a higher resolution monitor to get them to all fit!   There will likely be a feature to move them freely in the future.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yes, Full HD (1920X1080). I'll try your "move" suggestion - thx!
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    What happens if you switch to windowed display? I assume you are seeing this in full screen mode.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Duane,

Yes, I am ful screen.

Sorry, not familiar with the term "windowed display"
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Try clicking on the radio tower looking icon in the bottom left of the SmartSDR toolbar.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Alan,
    I'm using the same resolution as you and on a 27 inch monitor.  Here is a snapshot showing what my screen looks like.  This is not in full screen, but "windowed mode" which works for me.   Notice I have one of the panels turned off and there is room for the other 4 to display.  I don't need all 5 anyway.   In FULL screen mode it is like you noted, it almost displays all 5 panels but is lacking about 1/2 inch.   At this resolution there is not quite enough real estate.   

As noted,  you can drag the panels up or down but currently you can't dock them elsewhere or drag to another monitor (if you have 2 or 3 monitors available).  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Gerald, When I click on the lower left radio tower - the RH menu's disappear.
  • Kevin Wallace
    Kevin Wallace Member
    edited July 2014
    If you are running Windows 7 (I'm not familiar with Windows 8, but I wouldn't doubt it works similar), what is your "text size" setting found under "Display" inside "Control Panel"? I've had this issue in the past and it was because I had this set at a value higher than 100%. If this is the case for you, try setting it back to 100% and see if that corrects the issue for you.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Alan, in the upper right corner of your screen, just next to the red X box that shuts down SSDR, click the box that appears to have two rectangles in it. This puts your view of SSDR into "windowed" mode. Once it is, you can grab a corner of the window and drag it to whatever size you desire. I always run in windowed mode on my 23" display so I can have my logger visible and handy at the same time. Hope this helps.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Duane,

Yes, I am familiar with that. I didn't know that was referred to a "windowed display", now I know!
    I'll give that a shot. thanks

Alan
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi Alan,

From memory you need above 1160 vertical resolution to see all the panels without tuning a panel off.

I upgraded from a 1080 to a 1440 by going from 24" to 27" - that panel shows all of SSDR in it's full glory.

There are other tricks you can do with scaling and DPI etc. but nothing is better than getting a display resolution that shows it all.

1600x1200 is also possible and is common to a lot of screens around the 22" + mark.

73 Steve

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The ability to scroll the side bar display has been added as a feature request.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.