Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Placement of Flex 6300 under Flex 5K on operating desk

JB
JB Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios

Would there be a cooling issue for either radio or some other concern that would limit this possibility? The Flex 5K pulls air front to back at the bottom and the 6300 pulls air from one side to the other. If there is a spacer between the radios to allow for some air movement will this set-up suffice?

Any concerns about interactions between the radios in close proximity?

Answers

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Jon...You might end up with the first Flex-9300. Personally I'm against stacking rigs like that.
    Here's what I added to my 3000. I posted this in the "idea" section.

I bought this at Big Lots for $10 and sat the 6300 on it. The case temp dropped 5 degrees and the internal fan never kicks up during long winded CW QSOs now. It has a USB power pigtail and you can plug it into the 6300's USB port. I stuck 4 equipment feet on the bottom of the cooler to keep it up off the carpet. 
    http://www.biglots.com/p/ihome-15in-notebook-cooling-pad
    Steve N4LQ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I see no issues stacking the radios,  I have my 5000 on top of my 6700 and have experienced no issues with cooling.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.