Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MiniDeluxe update

Michael - N5TGL
Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
For all you folks who run DM780 or HRD Logbook without wanting to run HRD, there's been an update to MiniDeluxe.  Also has been made open source for others to maintain in the future.

If you haven't seen it on the reflector, here's a link.

http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio@flex-radio.biz/msg53528.html
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited June 2020

Thanks Michael, that is good news.

Bob K5KDN

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Why do you need MiniDeluxe when DDUtil v3.0 will give you all you need to run DM780 and the logbook.
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited July 2019

There's nothing really special about MiniDeluxe...

It's great news because more and more third party developers are recognizing (and writing interfaces for) FlexRadio products.  Ten years ago, when I first started writing the CAT program for PowerSDR, no one knew (or cared) that we existed. 

If things really got good, and my wildest expectations were realized, CAT will truly become a legacy interface and the applications we know and love so well will talk to the radio via the FlexLib API and the antiquated serial interface will slowly fade into the sunset. 

As far as the interface to DM780, I use DDUtil myself.  Steve Nance is one of the early adopters of FlexLib and has done a great job in interfacing with the 6000 series (as well as earlier radios). 

But, it is really nice to have choices in the products you use.

Bob

• Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Bob G, well, I don't use DDUtil, don't really have a need for it.  MiniDeluxe works great for me and others.  Just spreading the good news.  :)
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Anyone using Mini De Luxe with SSDR V3 and Ham radio De Luxe latest version? 

Had it working with SSDR 2.3, but after the latest updates and now with version 3 it has stopped working. Been trying to find any updates of it, but no luck so far.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Johan,

If you dont mind the extra bells a whistles, Slice Master is a suitable replacement for MiniDeluxe.

--Don

• Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Tnx Don!

Yes I gave up on Mini and changed over to Slice Master. Works great together with WSJT-X and HRD loggbook when I do digital. 

Johan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.