Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 TX on ant1 or ant2 and SCU confusion!

Norm S
Norm S Member
edited April 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have a 6700 and just recently attached a 2nd antenna to the Ant2 connector.   I fired up the 6700, opened two panadapters, created a single slice receiver on each panadapter, on the first panadapter I set the band to 40 meters and assigned RX ANT1 / TX ANT1. On the 2nd panadapter I set the band to 20 meters and assigned RX ANT2 / TX ANT2.

So far so good.  The problem comes when I click on TX on the 20meter or 40 meter panadpater, the TX ANT keeps changing to the last one used.  In other words, If I'm on 40 meters using RX ANT1 / TX ANT1, then click on the TX button on the 20 meter panadapter, the TX ANT2 changes to TX ANT1.

This doesn't seem right and I'm sure I'm missing something here.  Any words of wisdom?

Comments

• Scott - K7DSH
    Scott - K7DSH Member
    edited November 2014

This seems to be a problem with the lasted smartSDR release. It didn't happen before. Flex is aware of it.  I have had a different problem with my 6700 that we have been working on for several months and I am just getting ready to send my 6700 in for service.  When I would change the TX from one to the other panadapter the reception would totally fall off on the other panadapter.  Which ever pandapter had the TX receives normally but the other goes quite.  I imagine you don't have that problem.  As far as I remember the switch of the TX antenna just started with the lasted release.

Scott

k7dsh 

• EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014

Yes,

i can confirmed.

It's a bug.

Thanks,
    Emil, de DL8JJ

• Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Scott.   Geez, its a darn moving target.  There seem to be a ton of little quirks that need to be ironed out.  I hope I live long enough to see this rig operate as it was intended.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This defect has been previously reported and it is in the bug tracker.  It is slated to be addressed in SmartSDR v1.3
  • Norm S
    Norm S Member
    edited June 2014

Thanks Tim.  Another issue I have all the time is:

I have a wireless headset connected to my computer.  I use DAX to connect it to my Flex.  I also use the VOX to key the transmitter.  What happens OFTEN is the VOX will not key up the transmitter.  I have to turn on/off the DAX TX tab, or I will have to click on the MOX button or sometime I have to actually recycle the Flex by turning it off then back on.

This happens a lot. Do you know if it has been reported and if it is being addressed anytime soon?

Norm - W7CK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.