Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hi is there a chart on the 1500 to show the power in comparison to drive control setting?

Options
Kevin
Kevin Member
edited December 2014 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios

Best Answer

• Bob
    Bob Member
    edited May 2014 Answer ✓
    Options
    Here is what Dudley wrote to me:
    "The 1500 output TX metering is not actual RF output, and is a reflection of the 5W drive setting and may not be clocked fast enough.
    At the voice peaks at 0 dBm, then you are hitting your PEP output percentage in the "Drive" slider.
    If you click the Tune button and select "Mic" or "ALC" in the Tx meter, you will see 0 dBm.  The output at that drive setting. is your PEP output power, kind of a reference tone."

I found out that I was often putting out a lot less peak power in SSB that what I though, so I built a simple external peak power meter, so I could easily see when I was peaking at 5W.  The circuit was published in Nov 1994 73 mag, and is titled "An Average and Peak Reading RF Power Meter."  Far Circuits still has the PC board for this.

I have found the external peak power meter to be very useful, when running barefoot, and when running a 50 W linear.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.