Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 to HL-1.5KFX connection

Doug Seyler
Doug Seyler Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just received the Flex-6300. It works well on normal power. However, when I hook it up to my THP HL-1.5KFX (ALC and PTT) it doesn't seem to key the amp. I am running the amp in manual mode for band. I have used this amp successfully with an Icom 756 so I know that it works. Any suggestions/hidden menu selections?

Thanks,

Doug WB5TKI

Answers

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Have you gone into the settings menu and enabled the amp keying relay?  Settings on top left of the screen.  Jim K4JAF
  • Howard -W6HDG
    Howard -W6HDG Member
    edited September 2015
    I made the same error with the 6300. Flex (foolishly?) paired the ALC with PTT in. The amp keying RCA is on the opposite pair of RCA's on the chassis.
  • Doug Seyler
    Doug Seyler Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015

Thanks, that did the trick. The naming of the connections is very unintuitive!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.