Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Radio Setup Options?

TAC
TAC Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
In looking on the Radio tab of the SmartSDR Radio Setup window I would expect to see 'Tuner' listed under Options since I purchased my FLEX-3600 with the tuner installed.

I'm sure the tuner is there since i hear it clicking away when I hit the TUNE button.  Anyone have a similar problem?

Comments

• Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    TUNE refers to tuning up the rig. It turns the transmitter on with a carrier so you can adjust an outboard antenna tuner for example; be sure to ride the power to keep it low until you're close to a match. The clicks you hear are the internal relays. If you chose the internal antenna tuner, you'll hear a lot of clicking as it goes through various settings to attempt to match the load.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    There is no tuner listed in the setup window. If you click on the tune button and it tunes OK you have one.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

KY9LA,  not quite.  Clicking on "Tune" puts the radio in transmit at whatever level you have "Tune Power" set to.  Clicking on the "ATU" button will trigger an automatic tune sequence on the internal ATU.

TAC, I do not have a 6300, but I would expect it to show up under Options on the Radio tab of the setup window.  In any event, if you click on the ATU button, it should go through a tune cycle.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• TAC
    TAC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Sorry I mis-spoke, when I hit the "ATU" button I hear the radio clicking so I assume it's tuning (like the tuner in my Elecraft K2).   But a tuner does not show up under Options on the Radio tab of the setup window.

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Does it not show up as ATU on the Settings, Radio Setup, Radio.. It is right under the serial number line on my 6300  Jim K4JAF
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have written up your report as a defect for engineering to investigate.  Thanks for the feedback.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.