Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Difference between Ant1, Ant2 and Ant3 connectors

Roger Sjölin
Roger Sjölin Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
My FLEX 5000A has Ant3 connector marked HF/6m. Is there a difference between the 3 connctors Ant1, Ant2 and Ant3?

Answers

• James Kirk
    James Kirk Member
    edited May 2014
    The early 5000's with the HFRIO-27 antenna connector board had a recommendation that you only use ant 3 for 6 meter transmitting. The board was redesigned to HRFIO-34 with the advent of the second receiver, V/U option and ant 1-3 could now be used for 6 meters, http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50057.aspx?Keywords=hf%2f6m+on+5000
  • Roger Sjölin
    Roger Sjölin Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the answer. Is there a simple way to figure out which hardware configuarion my FLEX-5000A have?
    /SA0AND
  • W0DHB
    W0DHB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    PowerSDR   Setup->General
    Under Flex-5000 config look for RFIO, board revision is in parenthesis.
    (27x) is old - 6m ant3 only
    (34x) is new 6m ant 1,2,3

• KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

Also, if you have the 2nd receiver, you can only use ANT1 out of the 3. So I use ANT3 as the primary 1st receiver and Ant1 or Tap for the 2nd Receiver.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.