Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR-Bridge 1.0.1 available for download

Comments

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This is unbelievable guys, I have 3 slices up with 3 CW Skimmer streams decoding all the same time....I'll have to get a 3rd monitor and another eyeball, hi, hi....
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Ed, just to let you know, I had several email exchanges with Steve of Writelog. I learned that writelog is meant to be a contest log, and not a general purpose log. As such, it has limitations, such as not permitting logging above 6 meters (I do lots of 2 meter eme), and also the RST field in writelog cannot accept anything except standard RST reports. EME exchanges are done with an "RO" in the usual RST fields.

Strangely, when importing exported N1MM logs into Writelog, they come out inverted, with the oldest QSO being at the wrong end of the log. Adding a new QSO doesn't look to good at the new position right below the oldest QSO, hi.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Did you ask Steve or post on the WriteLog reflector about the inverted import? I am sure there is an explanation.

No logger does it all perfectly. As for integration, WriteLog shows the way to the future, beyond CAT.

73 Ed W2RF
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hi Ed,
    I see that writelog is your preferred log to be fully integrated with sdrbridge
    Are you interested in integrating other logging software ?

tnx Don

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Don,

WriteLog is preferred because it is the only logger currently available that offers features that go beyond CAT control. I will be integrating other loggers as they develop more advanced API interfaces.

In the mean time SDR-Bridge is compatible with CAT. Use CAT to connect with your logger, and SDR-Bridge to synchronize with Skimmer. They work well together.

73 Ed W2RF
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ciao Ed
    Thanks fer answer and the great work done
    I know that cat enable a wide integratio.except for the callsign
    I know that theare are software that enable udp integtation and that's permit full data transfer
    As for example fldigi pstrotatorstor, log4om
    What you mean by advanced api ? Udp integration ?
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Don,

SDR-Bridge offers a lot of integration beyond callsign that can't be done with CAT. Check out the release notes for details.

73 Ed W2RF
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    SDR-Bridge 1.0.2 is available for download. It automatically repairs common problems with the Skimmer INI files. Also the radio name or serial number can be specified on the command line. Download at http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.html. Enjoy!

73 Ed W2RF
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    Ed will this run on a 64Bit system??  After downloading the 32 bit edition, it will not Load/Install correctly. I am running a 64Bit server on my network and all the PC's are 64Bit.
    Bill
    W4EY

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Bill - I have been testing SDR-Bridge exclusively on 64-bit systems; Win7 and Win8.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

GM Bill...  Loaded and running fine on Win7/64 here.

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bill,

There is not a 32-bit edition. SDR-Bridge runs on both 32 and 64-bit OS versions. The 1.0.1 update fixed a problem running on 32-bit installations. What are your symptoms?

73 Ed W2RF
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited November 2016
    Ed I think it is my settings. Do I need to run CW Skinner and SDR-Bridge at the same time??  If I start the FLEX first, then SDR-Bridge, I get no waterfall signals on SDR-Bridge., However, if I run CWskimmer, I can see signals on that waterfall..  Possibly the problem is my setup. Also, I am running Win 8.1 64Bit OS. My FLEX works correctly with the latest SmartSDR and Fldigi.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It's best to start Skimmer with the launch checkbox on SDR-Bridge. If you do that and don't see signals in the waterfall, exit Skimmer with the X in the upper right. Then uncheck and check the launch box in Bridge. That will start Skimmer over. I have seen CWSkimmer not start properly every time on several systems.

If it still doesn't work. Take screen shots of the Skimmer Settings Radio, Audio, and Telnet tabs. Most setup problems are due to incorrect settings there.

73 Ed W2RF
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited November 2016
    CW Skimmer starts automatically when bringing up SDR-Bridge. I get the signals on the SDR-Bridge Waterfall.. I have to now get the settings set for best display.  I have the settings you described in your web page.  Will try to get my settings for best display. Thanks
    Bill
    W4EY

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Don,

Thanks for pointing out those programs. They are not well known in the States. Besides WriteLog, most of the requests are for N1MM, WinTest, and DX4Win. Log4OM looks very  interesting. I know of fldigi but not of the UDP interface. Couldn't find pstrotatorstor, did you mean PstRotator? Will be looking into these and others after Dayton.

Thanks again,
    73 Ed W2RF
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Ciao Ed,

yes I mean PstRotator (sry for type mismatch).
    I left dx4win as it is no more supported and I am using log4om; it is growing fast and it has behind a strong community (see http://www.pisto.it/forum/
    Take a look at the manual http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/

Have a nice trip to Dayton 

• EMIL-DL8JJ
    EMIL-DL8JJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Ed, i think it will be very wellcome to write asap a quckstart guide with screenshots of all "step by step" Setting of SSDR, CW Skimemr and Bridge. That will resolve many of start using Bridge Problems. Thanks in advance. Emil, de DL8JJ
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Emil,
    everything written on site of Ed:
    - install Skimmer
    - install Bridge
    - Set up IQ DAX channel in SSDR and 96kHz
    - start Bridge and select slice with skimmer
    - skimmer will tuned automatiaclly based on INI files 

Works fine as described, F6700, Win 8.1 64bit RUS.
    Ed, one remark, pls check the paths for INI, in case installing Skimmer and Bridge on other disk than C (ex.: D) Bdidge do not set INI files and unable to call Skimmer.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sergey,

The INI files are installed in the directory pointed to by a system environment variable. It is supposed to point to the correct location both in the installer and in the program. I tested on Win 8.1 and it  worked properly here. (The INI path can be edited on the Settings panel in case of this sort of thing.) Please try to find more details of why it didn't work on your system.

The quick start is there, but many users might like it to be presented in steps with screen shots. I plan to do that soon.

Also the biggest problem users are having is that they change settings in Skimmer. Things then don't  work and they can't get the correct settings back. SDR-Bridge 1.0.2 resets the most common problems. The next release will have a reset .

Thanks for testing!
    73 Ed W2RF
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Don / IK2EGL,
    Thanks for pointing out Log4Me.   I wasn't aware of it but went through the manuals and videos yesterday.  It look like a VERY nice general purpose logging program.   Lots of features and very well thought out.   It looks like you can even set it up to start other programs like SSDR and SDR-Bridge.  One click and everything is up and running.  Have you tried that?

For reference the Manual, User community (forum), and download at: http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/

If Ed decides to integrate it with SDR-Bridge I'll probably switch.  Although it is free, I'd be happy to donate if I use it. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hello Ed, I dido all the comments about 1.0.2... Works much better here on my 6500 and W7 machine.  Only issues noticed so far are:  If you change something in CW Skimmer settings and press OK the displayed frequency at the top of the panel drops in value about 20 or so KHz and have to close that skimmer display and de-select/re-select that IQ path in SDR-Bridge... 

Then, after a little while of tuning around in one of the slices and maybe going back and forth between two slices, an frequency offset develops between the Flex and what is displayed in the skimmer panel and where the green pointer is pointing...  The skew is small, like 50Hz but it never seems to go away.  Also, I noticed if I use the mouse wheel vs. the Flex control, to change the freq in the slice, the skimmer freq does not change....  Great product Ed, thanks, Ciao, Dennis, k0eoo
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I posted a comment earlier that didn't appear. After changing Skimmer settings, shake the panadapter to restore sync. Current 100hz tuning resolution will be improved to 10hz in an upcoming Skimmer update. Thanks for testing, 73 Ed W2RF
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Al, I read the log40m manual. Impressive! It is very thorough. Like you, I will install it if and when Ed implements the interface.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    RE: mouse wheel vs. the Flex control, to change the freq in the slice.

Dennis,
    As Ed noted, It takes a change of about 120 - 150 HZ on the slice to cause CwSkimmer to update the frequency currently.  The mouse scroll wheel and FlexControl both work here.   Can you try watching the slice frequency when you are scrolling with the mouse to see if CwSkimmer frequency updates after a larger movement?

It will be a good improvement when CwSkimmer makes the change to synch up at a 10 HZ change.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Looks interesting, but no promises. Has to pass many tests!

73 Ed W2RF
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Al for the info on the resolution....  Is the CW skimmer display able to show both the receive freq (green pointer) and XIT freq?  Will it ever have that ability?  Or should I be using it differently?
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I added a 2nd monitor to the computer, added it as a **** to my Input Director, and now skimmer doesn't get the flex frequency, and shows no waterfall at all. Any idea what is going on?

Dave, W5UN
  • W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Oops, this problem cleared itself when I flipped bands a few times.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Skimmer has a single demod cursor indicated by the green box.  However by switching slice assignment, it can be used in a variety of ways. For example in a split if slice A is on the DX and slice B is the TX, set the SDR-Bridge slice assignment to B. Slice A and B can even be in different panadapters.

73 Ed W2RF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.