Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SYNCHRONIZE YOUR SKIMMERS!

Ed - W2RF
Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in New Ideas
I am pleased to announce SDR-Bridge 1.0, which synchronizes up to four CW Skimmers at once with your Flex-6000 series radio. Many more features! SDR-Bridge is available for immediate download at www.qrv.com Enjoy!

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Ed, just downloaded and will check it out today......been anxiously waiting.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Ed.....Thank you for bringing this fantastic tool to the Flex community. It's working great. This is a great service to your fellow hams. Mack W4AX
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Ed...  Many thanks for your time and effort, as well as the others involved, in this SDR-Bridge project.  Cant wait to test drive it. 
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Nice work, Ed.  Just trying to sort out Skimmer's "Radio" and "Audio" tab settings for use with the Flex 6K and SDR-Bridge.   Can someone reply with that info?  Tnx!

Paul, W9AC 

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Paul,

The Skimmer Audio settings are updated automatically.  When SDR-Bridge opens it scans the WDM input and output devices on the system. The Skimmer INI input device is set to the DAX IQ channel corresponding to the INI file name. The output channel is untouched unless it points to a non-existent device. In that case it is set to point to the first available compatible device. You may adjust that setting after Skimmer opens, and it will be saved to the INI when Skimmer exits.

The Radio and other tabs are set correctly in the preconfigured INI files that are installed in the ProgramData/W2RF directory.

73 Ed W2RF
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    edited February 2017

Ed, just to confirm -- and after SDR-Bridge is running, I am seeing "Softrock," LO freq. 7051600, Sample rate 48 kHz.  Are these tab settings adjusted automatically when SDR-Bridge starts?  Right now, it seems like when I click on a QSO in Skimmer, it's taking me many kHz away from the real QSO.  Tnx!

Paul, W9AC

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The preconfigured INI files set the sample rate to 96khz. You can use any rate you like as long as Skimmer and DAX are the same.

In cases it isn't clear, the startup steps are:
    install skimmer 1.83. (must be latest version) to default dir.
    close any open Skimmers
    install SDR-Bridge and run it
    set the DAX channel in a panadapter
    activate the DAX channel in the DAX control panel at 96khz
    check the Skim checkbox in SDR-Bridge

Skimmer will automatically start with the correct preconfigured INI file, synchronize with the radio, and start skimming.

73 Ed W2RF
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited October 2018

Hi Ed (and the rest of the Flex community),

First, I am very excited to have this fantastic integration of SDR Bridge, CW Skimmer, and WriteLog with my Flex 6700.  Thank you to everyone involved for your hard work I can feel the excitement and want to get it working to join in the fun.

I am a complete neophyte with all of these tools so please pardon my ignorance.  I have everything installed and believe I am *very* close to having things working for the very first time.

I have SSDR up and tuned Slice A to 40m CW 7.030, and have selected DAX channel, DAX IQ channel 1, and have set it in the DAX control panel to 96 kHz (it is properly indicating Rx signal strength).

I opened the SDR Bridge and under Sync it is identifying IQ 1, slice A, frequency 7.030 and the IQ data stream.  I checked the 'skim' checkbox and it successfully launched  CW Skimmer.

Only issue is that I am not getting any decoding.  I see at the bottom of the skimmer window it says 'Decoders 0 of 0' and it's not trying to decode?

I feel like I'm probably missing something simple and am quite close.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks to all in advance.

- Bob, W1RE

• Paul Christensen, W9AC
    edited February 2017

Ed, got it now.  First, I/Q was reversed in Skimmer so frequencies were not synced up properly.  Next, I had to ensure that Skimmer, Skimmer Server, and SDR-Bridge were all set the same to 96 kHz. 

Working great now.  Many tnx for the help and for working on SDR-Bridge.

Paul, W9AC

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014

Hi, I'll will re-post this as a separate 'assistance needed' topic since I didn't mean to hijack this thread and it may be more helpful to others trying to get this all working for the first time also.  Thanks

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Ed, fantastic work! Thank you for making this available.  Works beautifully!

I am a long time user of N1MM, and am hopeful that will be implemented soon.

Dave, W5UN
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Dave,

This depends on N1MM and the results of their conversion to VB.NET. They need to open up a non-CAT automation interface for me to be able to do what I do with WriteLog. I am hoping to meet with them at Dayton to discuss this.

73 Ed W2RF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.