Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR V1.2.1 -- Enhance the FlexControl interaction with RIT/XIT

Al_NN4ZZ
Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Problem or feature?   -- The RIT and XIT functions on the FlexControl remain active once used,  even after being cleared by double clicking.  If you bump or move the knob,  the RIT/XIT function will automatically be activated again.   It's a feature if you like the way it works and an opportunity for improvement if you don't.    

Idea -- when you double click to clear  the RIT or XIT function, also turn off the LED indicator on the FlexControl and disable the function.  See graphic below for more details on the problem and suggested solution.    

Additional consideration -- If people are divided on how it should function, a "double click" check box option for RIT and XIT  to "clear the function" could be offered.   Another option would be to implement a "hold button" function that clears the RIT/XIT and also turns off the function. 

In this example below the AUX buttons are assigned as follows:
AUX 1 - RIT
AUX 2 - Slice AF
AUX 3 - XIT

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Comments

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one confused by v1.2.1 RIT/XIT operation.

• Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    After 20 minutes of fiddling I discovered when you press the center tuning knob it resumes the slice tuning function.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Asher,
    Yes, assuming you have the knob set to activate tuning (or some other function) on depression.  

A caveat for using the knob depression is you have to be careful not to move or rotate it at all or it will re-activate the RIT/XIT first before assuming the new function.  

As noted you can also deactivate the RIT/XIT function if you press one of the other AUX buttons assuming you have it set to something else (like tuning or Slice Volume).  

Some people may still prefer to have the "double click" or the "hold button" function to do the clear and deactivate all in one step.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Excellent idea Al. FRS what do you think?
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

I am still dumb founded with the FlexControl.  I find it to be a nuisance with some many things that it can do: I can not  remember what I assigned it to do. For me this is just a space occupier on my desk. 

I find my mouse to be more agile than this device.  No is not for sale but, maybe in another year or so,  I will learn how to use. I give it a thumbs down!

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I agree with AL..My **** fingers are always bumping the RIT/XIT by 10-30 Hz whenever I try to press the big knob to return to tuning the main frequency dial.  It would be easier to have the "Clear" also turn RIT/XIT off.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ernest,
    I hear you, in a rush you can forget what button does what.  I took a different approach, I have 2 FlexControl knobs and generally leave each one set to a specific function.   The two functions I  like to use the knobs for are:  Slice tuning and Slice Volume.   Like you,  I prefer the keyboard, mouse and scroll wheel for most of the functions. 

Rather than "pushing and clicking"  to switch my RIGHT FlexControl back and forth from Slice Volume to RIT,  I would add a 3rd knob if I could.   If SSDR ever supports multiple FlexControls you have a buyer for yours (hihi).

In the mean time I'm just trying to minimize the chance for error and make the swapping as efficient as possible.  This is not a big deal but maybe some others would like to see the enhancement. 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I like the double click option to cancel RIT and XIT.
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ditto -- and would like to see "CW SPOT" added to the assignment list 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.