Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't Setup DDutil v3

Jerry Gardner
Jerry Gardner Member ✭✭
I have a Flex-6500 running SmartSDR 1.1.3.42. I wanted to try DDUtil, so I downloaded 3.0.6.00 from the K5FR website.

I installed DDUtil on my system and accepted all of the defaults. My system is a Core i5 system running Windows 7 x64 with 16GB of RAM, an SSD, and an nvidia 6600 graphics card.

When I run DDUtil and go into the Setup options, there are two options on the Features tab under Radio Select: Signature and Legacy. When I click on the Signature radio button, I get an unhandled exception dialog complaining about "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I've tried running DDUtil setup both with SmartSDR running and without it running.In both cases I get the exception when clicking on the "Signature" radio button.

Any idea how to fix this? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Jerry Gardner
    Jerry Gardner Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I tried it again after SmartSDR had been running for a few minutes and it let me select "Signature" without throwing an exception. I don't know why it did it initially, but it seems to be fine now. 
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Not sure but I do know DDUTIL once run creates a profile file and if it's not there or corrupted you get all kind of weird behavior

73  W9OY
  • Jerry Gardner
    Jerry Gardner Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I tried running DDUtil for the first time while the 6500 was still initializing and that may be what caused it to throw the exception. When I ran it again a few minutes later it worked as expected.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This question might be bettered addressed if posted to the DDUtil Yahoo group where Steve provides support.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.