Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

unhandled error (non-ui thread)

NM1W
NM1W Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Was running smartsdr1.1.3 on a 6700 on 30m; Had been operating jt65 for a few hours; Mid qso got the following dialog box and when I clicked ok, I got the dreaded "smartsdr has stopped working"

The file listed does exist; I had not been using my flexcontrol knob, it is just sitting on the desk (though now with smarsdr crashed  the flexradio has no lights on; Not sure if it had lights on earlier.. I assume it did..)

I dont see anything odd in the log file; I also didnt see how to upload the log file to attach it here.. I see the upload pict, and upload video.. 

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Jim - I am not sure what exactly happened, but the error indicates that SmartSDR needed to write data to the SSDR_FCManager.log file and it wasn't there.

Let me describe how the log file is supposed to work.  The SSDR_FCManager.log file is a diagnostic log of the activity SmartSDR is doing when it tries to identify if there is a FlexControl connected to your PC.  The software runs a scan process anytime it detects a change in any USB controller's connect state.  So if a device is plugged/unplugged into/from a USB port, or one "wakes up" from a suspended state, SmartSDR scans all of the com ports to see if one of them is connected to a FlexControl.  For diagnostic purposes, a log file of this activity is recorded.  The SSDR_FCManager.log file is created when SmartSDR is started and deleted once you shut it down.

I suspect the file was deleted when SmartSDR shut down after the crash, so that is why you could not find it.

Can you do this test.  Start SmartSDR and then look for the log file at:

c:UsersJimAppDataRoamingFlexRadio SystemslogfilesSSDR_FCManager.log

Let me know if it is there or not.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Tim,
    The file is there.
    However I note that the flexcontrol doesnt have any lights on..
    I unplug it from the usb and windows gives the usual sound. plug it in and i get the windows inserted sound.. check smartsdr and its go the flexcontrol enabled...
    check ddutil and flex is disabled in there..

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Jim - That is good that the file is where it is supposed to be.  That eliminates a permissions issue that could be preventing it from being created.

OK - so it looks like you are using SmartSDR to interface with the FlexControl.  The lack of LED lights on it are not an issue in normal operation depending on the state of the AUX buttons.  My FlexControl is "light free" when it is in the normal tune the active slice mode of operation.  They only illuminate when I press one of the buttons.  If this is not happening or the FlexControl is not tuning the active slice when the knob is configured to do so and it has been pressed to enable it, then try this.

Shut down SmartSDR and your PC.  Plug the FlexControl into a different USB port, boot the PC and then start SmartSDR.  If the FlexControl is not working, then either submit a HelpDesk support ticket so we can investigate this issue one-on-one with you or let me know and I'll convert this Community topic into a HelpDesk ticket.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    FlexControl is back in operation. Thanks Tim. (was back after a reboot)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.